Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2020, 09:33 PM

I broke down and bought a Lynskey - an evolving situation

Over the past year, Ive been stalking various websites looking for a nicer Ti frameset. Budget cuts kept that desire in check until recently when Lynskey held a pretty impressive sale. In an excited haste, I scooped up a Lynskey helix disc frameset through their website. Great deal, as it was advertised to come with a upgraded finish, fork and headset for just a little more than the price of a normal frame.

It came in today. No finish, headset or fork :/

I reached out to Lynskey and they seemed genuinely concerned and I’ve actually heard praises about their customer service, so I’m hoping this will turn out well. They told me it would be tomorrow before I heard back so *fingers crossed* If not, they have a return policy and the search will continue.

Anyone have any similar experience or is this a one off thing?
Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 PM
North of 49th

I'd be patient and hang in there until tomorrow. Sounds like someone or their shipping department screwed up.

Its been awhile since I've dealt with their cs, but the experience has always been positive.

Hopefully you'll be on your new helix soon.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:22 PM

I’ve owned several, and still have three Lynskeys. One came with the wrong finish. They corrected it ASAP. Not the lightest bikes, but very nice riding.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:40 PM

I personally did not have a good experience with their customer service, hope it works out better with your situation.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:43 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

I ordered one as well, Friday evening. Same upgrade finish and extra 25% off was ore than I could bear. I figure with a lifetime warranty the shelf life in the box oughta be pretty good until I get up to building it.

Called today to see about a change to add something and got nowhere.

I get forwarded to VM and the greeting suggests using eMail. So I do not leave a message and send an eMail. Then get a auto-reply out of office 12-20th or something. Considering I made the order on 14th and the guy I was sent to to update the order wasn't even in the office then...

I called back and asked why she forwarded me into the VM of someone not there for the week, and maybe someone else would be a better choice given the 48hr to alter the order and all...

I get 2nd eMail, no auto reply, no reply. LOL.

So much for 48 hours to update the order I guess..

Although I guess really the one day to process was today...

Last edited by robt57; 02-17-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:53 PM

The lady I spoke with explained they were slammed because the sale was far more successful then they planned and people went on vacay. I imagine they over commit based on lower volume sales and just skimmed a few things this week. Giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:01 PM

I bought a Lynskey R331 in October of 2009. I've had zero issues with customer service. And after almost 66,000 miles My ONLY complaint regarding the bike is that the head tube badge got really stained and discolored after like 5 years. I got a free replacement without any hassle.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:01 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas515 View Post
The lady I spoke with explained they were slammed because the sale was far more successful then they planned and people went on vacay. I imagine they over commit based on lower volume sales and just skimmed a few things this week. Giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Not my first Lynsky rodeo. I too plan on patience. Sold a Helix end of 2019 season, why not get another one, but with discs this time.

Last edited by robt57; 02-18-2020 at 12:34 AM. Reason: fixed speeellink
Old 02-17-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Over the past year, Ive been stalking various websites looking for a nicer Ti frameset. Budget cuts kept that desire in check until recently when Lynskey held a pretty impressive sale. In an excited haste, I scooped up a Lynskey helix disc frameset through their website. Great deal, as it was advertised to come with a upgraded finish, fork and headset for just a little more than the price of a normal frame.

It came in today. No finish, headset or fork :/

I reached out to Lynskey and they seemed genuinely concerned and I’ve actually heard praises about their customer service, so I’m hoping this will turn out well. They told me it would be tomorrow before I heard back so *fingers crossed* If not, they have a return policy and the search will continue.

Anyone have any similar experience or is this a one off thing?
I have had nothing but great experiences with Lynskey. I came from a litespeed vortex that was destroyed by a car and wanted a similar machine. I purchased a custom R420 in 2006-2007 and rode it a lot. The bike has been great. But last week, 12 -13 years later, a weld at the back of the drive-side chainstay broke. After Lynskey confirmed quickly that I was the original purchaser, I have a life-time warranty and the frame will be repaired or replaced. It’s on it way back to Lynskey tomorrow. No questions were asked, and Lynskey will look over the frame well before discussing repair/replace options with me.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortx-Dave View Post
And after almost 66,000 miles
This is incredible!
Old 02-18-2020, 09:53 AM
Administrator

i am a happy lynskey customer and satisfied with their customer service, especially considering the price.

remember that yesterday was a national holiday, and not a typical monday.

i'm sure they'll take care of you.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:00 PM

I didn’t even realize it was Presidents’ Day until I went to mail out some stuff and the PO was closed. Good point.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I personally did not have a good experience with their customer service, hope it works out better with your situation.
I had an awful experience with them. Ended up filing a dispute through my credit card to have them take the frameset back. That was several years ago and I know the person (sales mgr) who was so difficult is no longer with them.

That whole experience was enough to turn me off to the brand forever. Hope it works out better for you.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:47 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Eric ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
I had an awful experience with them. Ended up filing a dispute through my credit card to have them take the frameset back. That was several years ago and I know the person (sales mgr) who was so difficult is no longer with them.

That whole experience was enough to turn me off to the brand forever. Hope it works out better for you.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
This is incredible!
Not really.......I'm a N=1 kinda guy. My Lynskey has been my only road bike for the last 10 years. I hope to change that this year with a custom Bishop.