Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 08:42 PM

100% not Sagan

Old 12-03-2021, 08:56 PM

I’d like to think Ol’ Petey’s got another year in green in him, but…whole lotta younger talent out there right now.

And it’s a long seven months before they drop the flag, lots can happen twixt now and then.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:59 PM

It's Wout's to lose.
I mean how many other guys can win bunch sprints, mountain stages and flat TT's?

Honostly with both Bennett and McEwan going (hopefully both healthy) cav has maybe a 10% chance of winning a stage let alone the jersey
Old 12-04-2021, 06:45 AM

The second half of the tour in 2020 saw Caleb Ewan have some dominant wins, I'm optimistically hoping he's in good form for next year! I'm not convinced Sagan has much else to show though.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:25 PM

So....The green jersey fight just got even more interesting, with Dylan Groenewegen just announcing that he is moving from Jumbo to Bike exchange, I'm assuming that is mainly because he knew that at Jumbo his chances of going to the Tour were slim to none, but if you rewind your mind to 2 years ago he was the most dominant sprinter in 2018 and 19.

We should be in for some fantastic sprints this year with him and Bennett on new teams, Ewan and Jacobson healthy, and WvA and MvdP both going for the green, and Sagen also on a new team and with a huge something to prove.
Cav? might not even make it to the start line.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
So....The green jersey fight just got even more interesting
I'm not usually one for the sprints, but yeah -- the green jersey fight could be one for the ages if everyone theoretically in contention right now makes it to the start line in good condition.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Cavendish doesn’t care about the green jersey. He wants stages. Or at least one stage. He’s not likely to repeat 2021 but a stage isn’t out of the question if he goes to the TdF, which could be a sticky situation.
Only way he goes to the tour is if Jakobsen is injured, and even then I'm not sure...
Old 12-12-2021, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
So....The green jersey fight just got even more interesting, with Dylan Groenewegen just announcing that he is moving from Jumbo to Bike exchange, I'm assuming that is mainly because he knew that at Jumbo his chances of going to the Tour were slim to none, but if you rewind your mind to 2 years ago he was the most dominant sprinter in 2018 and 19.

We should be in for some fantastic sprints this year with him and Bennett on new teams, Ewan and Jacobson healthy, and WvA and MvdP both going for the green, and Sagen also on a new team and with a huge something to prove.
Cav? might not even make it to the start line.
Groenewegen being there will hurt the other contenders that fall more into the pure sprinter bucket, like Bennett. If there are more pure sprinters vying for stage wins on the flats, and the big points that come with them, there'll be less chance for one of them to amass a lead that the all rounder type green jersey contenders have to overcome in the hillier and mountain stages.

Still looks like WVA's to lose... if Jumbo free him up to focus on it.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:49 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Bismark View Post
100% not Sagan

Yup, easier to say who it isn't going to be.won't be Sagan or Cav..IMHO..