Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary135r View Post
Are you sure it's ad free? I checked today and the said some programs have ads.
Peacock Premium has ads.

Peacock Premium Plus does not have ads.

Jeff
Old 06-18-2021, 05:57 PM

There is a little disclaimer in the “plus” subcription tab that says that some content will still have ads. Not sure if that is just a legal disclaimer as to the ad barriers and add banners within an event. I.e. banners on the side of the road in bike moto and car races or banners around the field in soccer etc.
Not sure myself as I have not subscribed at this time, but likely will for le tour
Old 06-18-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary135r View Post
Looks like they are using day 1 to tell you that Peacock is the only option.
Oh yeah? Where did you find this out?
This really shouldn't be this complicated.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:10 PM
Embracing my

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
NBCSN is what I always do (just Spectrum cable though). I assumed this was not an option this year because everyone has been saying "Peacock". Does TdF show up on 6/27 as well for day 2, etc?
I am on Spectrum also and I just noticed that a menu search now also shows Stage 5 (ITT) available on June 30th to watch or DVR.

So, I'm going to keep checking, maybe we'll get it one final year on old fashioned cable.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckroast View Post
I am on Spectrum also and I just noticed that a menu search now also shows Stage 5 (ITT) available on June 30th to watch or DVR.

So, I'm going to keep checking, maybe we'll get it one final year on old fashioned cable.
Frustrating. I thought I'd just go to NBC's webpage and use some sort of contact us link to straight-out ask them via email. I couldn't find one.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 AM

Just start the Tour with the Peacock free trial and if the Tour is on cable cancel Peacock before the paid subscription starts.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2021, 06:05 PM

For those of you watching on Peacock, do you know who the commentators will be? I subscribed to NBC Gold a couple years ago, but the commentators weren't nearly as good as the Eurosport guys, so I went back to pirated streams. I would be happy to pay to watch, but only for the Eurosport feed.

I tried to use a VPN and pay for Eurosport, but it's part of Amazon now and you have to have an Amazon account with a UK address.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelZ28 View Post
For those of you watching on Peacock, do you know who the commentators will be? I subscribed to NBC Gold a couple years ago, but the commentators weren't nearly as good as the Eurosport guys, so I went back to pirated streams. I would be happy to pay to watch, but only for the Eurosport feed.

I tried to use a VPN and pay for Eurosport, but it's part of Amazon now and you have to have an Amazon account with a UK address.
On NBC Sports Gold, they have previously had two streams, one with the US commentators and one with the Australian commentators. I don't know if both versions will be available on Peacock.

This year's TdF isn't showing up yet on Peacock, so I don't know if they'll offer both versions.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:26 AM

With all the talk about streaming etc...
I just saw this Roku for $20, in case anyone is looking for one.
https://www.target.com/p/roku-expres...47#lnk=sametab
Old 06-20-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Just start the Tour with the Peacock free trial and if the Tour is on cable cancel Peacock before the paid subscription starts.
That’s part of my plan. I always enjoyed the NBC Sports Gold subscription because it had both ad-free live streaming and ad-free replays. If Peacock Premium Plus continues these capabilities, I’ll be satisfied and continue the service. If those features aren’t available, I’ll cancel before the seven day window ends.

Greg
Old 06-20-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Peacock Premium has ads.

Peacock Premium Plus does not have ads.

Jeff
Thanks
Old 06-20-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
Oh yeah? Where did you find this out?
This really shouldn't be this complicated.
Researching my channel guide, plus going to the NBCSN website, they only have the Tour listed one day, (Saturday) and Olympic trials, soccer, PFT in the usual time slots moving on days forward. No night replays. Nothing.

I just noticed that random 6/30 8pm ITT, but nothing else. For cycling fans you think NBC could just come out and tell us and not have to search daily where we can watch. Plus, first showing is at 8pm? Seems like they had no other content for that day.

Last edited by gary135r; 06-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Chris Horner posted in the comments on his latest video. That he is commentating for NBC TDF coverage.

https://youtu.be/zEtuEXJHlWY
Old 06-20-2021, 09:38 PM

Okay, Peacock TV is definitely not ready for primetime. I predict TdF will be a complete mess. I was planning to sign up for the tour, but signed up a week early so I could stream the Track & Field Olympic Trials. Okay, sounds good, except when I went to watch today's events, day 3 (today) was just completely missing. All the other days are there, just not today. No idea why it's missing, but it's mostly over, and it just doesn't appear to exist on the platform.

Don't be surprised if something similar comes up with the TdF coverage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peacock.jpg (61.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 06-21-2021, 11:03 AM

I've come to just VPN'ing the Tour. Sometimes interested in commentary, most times not - so any language will do.
Particularly like the Dutch and Italian country channels as their commentary (though I don't understand a word) is so animated. You get excited just listening to them.
Closed Thread