Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 09-05-2020, 11:36 AM
shimergo

I've been eyeing the Lev Ci to replace my Fox Transfer 150mm to cut down some weight (any chance you're selling it?).

Curious what's wrong with the KS dropper?
Old 09-05-2020, 12:24 PM

Would totally be happy to sell it to you. It's pretty new, since it was a warranty replacement by KS. Post is fairly marked up towards the bottom, but it is totally operable.

I will give KS this - it's an incredibly light post, around 400 grams. Problems that I had with it:

* One warranty replacement at ~ 1600 miles after the post started rotating freely during travel
* Chronic issues with slipping in multiple frames - I could never really find the torque amount that would keep the post from slipping yet allow it to properly work. The listed torque spec for the post prevented it from actually working in every frame I used it in. Tons of carbon paste while installing helps, and certain seatpost clamps work better than others (Thomson was particularly problematic)
* It's one of those droppers where the cable clamps at the post end rather than at the lever end, making installation trickier.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:53 PM

New wheel day - ENVE M630/I9 Hydra, and moved up to 203mm rotor in front. The Hydra is a revelation for technical climbing - pedals through rocks like butter now. Adding 3mm of internal width pushed out the measured width of the casings on the Schwalbes from 2.33ā€ to 2.44ā€.

Getting. Just. About. Perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08AD1579-75BA-4FBB-8F0A-D6FA6C2A188C.jpg (148.3 KB, 71 views)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:05 AM

Looking good! Iā€™m sure that thing rips.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:38 PM

Awesome bike! I'm super tempted to get one.

What's your saddle height?
Old 09-24-2020, 02:16 PM

Saddle height at 813mm. Size of the frame is an XL, and I'm 6'2" with about 34" inseam. Dropper is a 175mm, which is just about right for this size.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:39 PM

How do you like the Hans Dampf/Nobby Nic combo? I recently bought a wheelset that came with a barely used set in 27.5x2.6 and am considering trying them out once my current setup (DHRII/Rekon) has worn out.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:52 PM
formerly Landshark_98

looks really great, makes me want to hit the trails. I have version 2 and it's been languishing this year but it's a really fun ride even for an old man with very modest mtn bike skills. But local trails are full of hikers etc so going there is more a pita than its worth in this year of living dangerously.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:57 PM

Really like HD/NN combo - these tires are Addix SpeedGrip 2.35" rear, Addix Soft 2.35" front, with the SnakeSkin casings. I'm not sure you can get these particular tires anymore, as Schwalbe has beefed up their casings quite a bit on the new line and changed the branding.

There is great grip when climbing over rocky bits and in loose corners, but without the huge mass of something like a Minion DHF. Rolling resistance is comparable to Rekons IMO. Straight-line braking traction is great.

One caveat to know with the old Nic is that it seems to sacrifice a bit of cornering grip in super loose stuff - had a few close calls due to that. It's manageable in the rear once you're aware of it, but I wouldn't want to use the old Nic in the front.