Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2020, 03:41 PM

The Stealth Pro saddles are on sale at forum sponsor BikeTiresDirect.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
I might have to try this. I ride the Selle Italia SLR and I thought that was the best fit for me so far. But I still have discomfort in my sit bones after about 40 min.
I ordered one from eBay after reading the review here. Got it today and I put it on my trainer as soon as possible.

I am happy about it. I still need some time to get used to it but I know that my sit bones are not hurting after 40 mins. I will ride more on the trainer get used to it. I got the 152mm one and the wider saddle really helps with the support.

From the look of it I will need to buy a second one for the main bike.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:57 AM

I also used to ride an Arione for many years. Then after a few years off the bike, it was no longer comfortable when I came back. I tried many saddles, but none were great. So I got a bike fit and the fitter suggested the Pro Stealth. It felt great the moment I sat on it. Interestingly, the fitter (who is very well respected and in my experience very good) didn’t even need to measure my sit bones. He put me on a 142mm saddle. I had done the “sit fit” test at a few other bike shops and always was recommended a 152-155mm saddle. But this fitter said nope. He could see the way I was sitting and pedaling and said the width was perfect.

And after many months, the saddle was indeed the best I’ve ever had. But I still wondered if there was something better. So with winter coming, I decided I’d buy a Spez Power 155mm for my indoor bike. It was pretty good, but not as good as the stealth. I felt more pressure in the perineal area with the Power. Also, the more curved nature (side to side) of the Power didn’t suit me as well as the flatter Stealth. I felt more supported at the sitbones with the Stealth.

I then tried a Prologo Dimension NDR. That was better than the Power, but still not as good as the Stealth. I can’t say precisely what felt better about the Stealth, just that it felt “better” than the Prologo. But the Prologo was indeed quite good.

Finally, I bought another Stealth, but the wider 152mm. It’s by far the best saddle I’ve had on my indoor bike (I never put the 142mm Stealth on my indoor bike).

I am going to experiment with both widths on my outdoor bike to see which I prefer—the 142 or the 152–but for now I’m happy with either.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
I also used to ride an Arione for many years. Then after a few years off the bike, it was no longer comfortable when I came back. I tried many saddles, but none were great. So I got a bike fit and the fitter suggested the Pro Stealth. It felt great the moment I sat on it. Interestingly, the fitter (who is very well respected and in my experience very good) didn’t even need to measure my sit bones. He put me on a 142mm saddle. I had done the “sit fit” test at a few other bike shops and always was recommended a 152-155mm saddle. But this fitter said nope. He could see the way I was sitting and pedaling and said the width was perfect.

And after many months, the saddle was indeed the best I’ve ever had. But I still wondered if there was something better. So with winter coming, I decided I’d buy a Spez Power 155mm for my indoor bike. It was pretty good, but not as good as the stealth. I felt more pressure in the perineal area with the Power. Also, the more curved nature (side to side) of the Power didn’t suit me as well as the flatter Stealth. I felt more supported at the sitbones with the Stealth.

I then tried a Prologo Dimension NDR. That was better than the Power, but still not as good as the Stealth. I can’t say precisely what felt better about the Stealth, just that it felt “better” than the Prologo. But the Prologo was indeed quite good.

Finally, I bought another Stealth, but the wider 152mm. It’s by far the best saddle I’ve had on my indoor bike (I never put the 142mm Stealth on my indoor bike).

I am going to experiment with both widths on my outdoor bike to see which I prefer—the 142 or the 152–but for now I’m happy with either.

Been riding the airione forever but have wondered about the stealth. If you want to offload the narrower version please PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW2Ford View Post
The Stealth Pro saddles are on sale at forum sponsor BikeTiresDirect.
I don't see them as forum sponsors anymore.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:40 AM

I was reading comments on BTD website about this saddle and apparently Pro has a guarantee that if you don’t like their product you can return for a refund. One user did this and indicated BTD gave a refund after riding and not liking. Seems like a no brainer to try this, if it looks like a potential fit.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:43 AM

I'm going to give it a try. 152.

Last edited by Jeff N.; 04-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
I was reading comments on BTD website about this saddle and apparently Pro has a guarantee that if you don’t like their product you can return for a refund. One user did this and indicated BTD gave a refund after riding and not liking. Seems like a no brainer to try this, if it looks like a potential fit.

I didn't mention that it was a Pro saddle, but here's what an agent at BTD said...
Attached Images
File Type: png BTDresponse.png (13.5 KB, 385 views)
Old 04-03-2020, 10:58 AM

But Pro is pretty explicit about their policy:

https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/...moneyback.html
Old 04-03-2020, 11:08 AM

^thanks! The challenge for me is that arione works fine so I’m not sure what I’m after. Could be great or better than I imagine (I don’t actually imagine myself on a better saddle, in case you are wondering about my mental status) but it just be the same in which case it will turn out to be a PITA and $$$ for?

Old 04-04-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
Been riding the airione forever but have wondered about the stealth. If you want to offload the narrower version please PM me.

Sure thing. However, it will be a while. I’m not riding outdoors and until I can, I won’t be comparing the saddles. But I’ll keep you in mind.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I don't see them as forum sponsors anymore.
Sure looks like their logo second from the left and the link still works...
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 AM

I considered buying one of these awhile back but other than being lightweight there really was no benefit for me as my already comfortable SSM Regal, it’s wide and I prefer the length. I’ve tried so many saddles and other than the 13mm adjustments at a time I agree this was s good review but for me it’s a needless spend of money...but one day I might give one a go Post Coronavirus.

Last edited by Wakatel_Luum; 04-05-2020 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:11 AM

I’ve been using a Selle Italia Superflow SLR 143 for years now and have always felt I could go a bit wider.

Bought the 152 version and have gone on 2 rides with it. Much better than my Superflow!

I’ll have a few of them for sale soon. Cheap!

Thanks Dave Kirk!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW2Ford View Post
Sure looks like their logo second from the left and the link still works...
Thanks, don't know why I couldn't see them up there. Glad they are still a forum sponsor. I started ordering from them when they became a sponsor and now order from them often, excellent company.