Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
Unfortunately, the only Sounders players I know are the MLS ones, namely Dempsey (legend), Morris, and (I think) Nagbe.
This is not in any way meant to be a shot at you, especially considering that MLS is a niche league in a sport that's not particularly popular in the US, but this is kind of like saying Favre played for the Bears, or Chmura for the Vikings.

Nagbe was a star player for the Portland Timbers, the nemesis of the soccer team from the fishing village up north of here. The Portland / seattle rivalry is the greatest is MLS.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
Dumb question, but what's the issue with just getting them from onitsukatiger.com directly?
i'm a cheap bastard who likes to receive a bit of discount. nothing more than that, really

If they are having a 20 or 25% sale, I'm buying another pair; simple as that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
This is not in any way meant to be a shot at you, especially considering that MLS is a niche league in a sport that's not particularly popular in the US, but this is kind of like saying Favre played for the Bears, or Chmura for the Vikings.

Nagbe was a star player for the Portland Timbers, the nemesis of the soccer team from the fishing village up north of here. The Portland / seattle rivalry is the greatest is MLS.
dammit, the one time I don't double check my sources, i get found out

good catch. I just recall there was someone (on the MNT) who crossed that state line and played for the Sounders after playing for Timbers. Nagbe is the most well-known MNT player on the squad, so I went with him. But i could have mis-remembered. In any case, you have every right to skewer me on that one
Old 04-03-2020, 04:51 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
T.....The Portland / seattle rivalry is the greatest is MLS.
+1
Going all the way back to the '70's!

I remember sitting in cheap seats (bleachers behind goal) at Memorial Stadium when some drunk Portland fans (are there any other kind?) went marching by with some banner (bedsheet?) and blocked the view...took about 5 seconds for some drunk Seattle fans () to jump on them and tear up the banner....good times.....I was about 12.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:10 PM

Just confirming that I’ve had success with 6PM as well. Picked up a limited style pair of Vans a few years ago.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Patrick made a nice turf shoe as well (Kevin Keegan's?)...favorite cleated shoe ever was the Patrick Michel Platini...extended tongue, kangaroo leather, molded sole and gold stripes....perfect fit for me.
Patrick boots were the only ones I found comfortable. I wore them for years... (not that I was ever good at football/soccer)
Old 04-04-2020, 09:56 PM

I played volleyball when i was a kid and Tigers were THE absolute must have. Lighter than everything we had ever tried w/ a yellowish sole that i thought was magic. I had a fantasy i would jump higher if i had one. Lol.