Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 04-22-2019, 03:32 PM

Stealth/raw Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Di2

Finally got around to finishing this up after several months of sourcing parts and building it out like I wanted. I purchased the frame and Di2 parts here in the classifieds (HUGE thank you to denapista!!!!). The frame itself was stripped down to the raw carbon, and then black paint was added at joints in addition to the minimal blue Cannondale and Evo decals followed by a clear coat. I absolutely love the look. I took it out for it's first ride this past weekend and I am so incredibly stoked with the ride. Looking forward to many more miles with it!

Here's the build sheet:

Frameset: 2013 Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Di2 (56cm)
Handlebars: Shimano Pro Vibe Aero Carbon Di2 42cm
Handlebar tape: Fizik Vento Microtex Tacky (seriously good stuff!)
Stem: Shimano Pro Vibe Di2 100mm, -10 degree
Seatpost: Shimano Pro Vibe Di2 Integrated
Seatpost clamp: Mt. Zoom
Brakes: eeBrakes (3rd gen)
Cable housing: Jagwire Elite Link (the best!)
Saddle: Toseek raw carbon (Chinese carbon off ebay -- surprisingly comfortable!)
Cages: also chinese carbon off of ebay
Crankset: Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL2 with 52/36 Spiderings
Bottom bracket: Wheels MFG Ceramic PF30
Pedals: Speedplay
FD/RD: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9070
Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9150
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Chain: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Wheels: Reynolds Assault SLG Tubeless w/ Reynolds skewers
Tires: Continental GP5000 TL 700x25

I used the Di2 bar end junction to clean up the wires as best I could up front, and I have the Di2 wireless inline unit (EW-WU111) installed internally in the downtube near the the bottom bracket. Battery is stored in the seatpost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APC_0041.jpg (123.1 KB, 464 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0040.jpg (63.0 KB, 459 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0048.jpg (98.0 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (64.2 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0035.jpg (100.8 KB, 459 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0034.jpg (44.5 KB, 457 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (102.7 KB, 456 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 04:29 PM

Black paint at the joints is an interesting move, and I like it.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:32 PM

Thats very handsomely done. i like the details. the pro vibe bars look legit, i may have to try a set.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyaugustus View Post
Black paint at the joints is an interesting move, and I like it.
I wish I could take the credit, but that’s how it came when I bought it. Denapista had it custom-painted this way. Regardless I love the look and it’s fun to have something a little more unique than the standard paint
Old 04-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
Thats very handsomely done. i like the details. the pro vibe bars look legit, i may have to try a set.
Thanks! And yes the pro vibe bars are the business! I’ve always thought the Pro line of components were underrated. I’ve got Pro Vibe stems/bars on pretty much all of my bikes currently lol.

These bars though really are great and are even better if running (mostly) internal Di2 like I am.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM

That looks hawt.

And it leaves me wondering if it might be possible to anodize the "V" on the stem clamp in a matching light blue/cyan. Or maybe powdercoat...
Old 04-23-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
That looks hawt.

And it leaves me wondering if it might be possible to anodize the "V" on the stem clamp in a matching light blue/cyan. Or maybe powdercoat...
Yeah I've thought about that as well! Although I'd probably go flat black to match the rest of the front end. I figured I'd keep it as is for now but definitely something I've considered for down the road...
Old 04-23-2019, 08:18 AM

Stunning bike. Far better looking than the newest Cannondale models. Those are horrible! . At least to me. This is awesome in every way.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Stunning bike. Far better looking than the newest Cannondale models. Those are horrible! . At least to me. This is awesome in every way.
Thanks!

I don't mind most of the new Cannondales, but I definitely agree with you that the models from a few years back (like the one I have) just look "right" and ride awesome.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoj View Post
Yeah I've thought about that as well! Although I'd probably go flat black to match the rest of the front end. I figured I'd keep it as is for now but definitely something I've considered for down the road...
Honestly, I'd probably try a coat of nail polish on it as a temporary trial to see if I liked it -- since you know you can get it off easily later. Mask off the black and try!
Old 04-23-2019, 06:47 PM

This looks SO good! Great work on all the details

Did I miss the total weight on this baby?
Old 04-24-2019, 01:22 PM

One of the nicer bikes on here recently.

That being said, what's your opinion on the decals? I think they look quite poor; they're a bit small, dull, "lost" etc. I think it'd look better without them altogether. Or maybe with the regular sized decals on the downtube in a brighter colour.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
This looks SO good! Great work on all the details

Did I miss the total weight on this baby?
Thanks man! Means a lot coming from the owner of Black Betty!

With my hanging/travel scale at home it comes in at just over 14lbs. Originally I was hoping it would come out lighter than that, but my goal with this wasn't necessarily to do a strict weight weenie build. I'm sure I could bring it down in weight quite a bit if I cut the seatpost, swap out bars, stem, wheels, etc but I really like the kit I've got on it now and don't anticipate making too many changes.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
One of the nicer bikes on here recently.

That being said, what's your opinion on the decals? I think they look quite poor; they're a bit small, dull, "lost" etc. I think it'd look better without them altogether. Or maybe with the regular sized decals on the downtube in a brighter colour.
Thanks man! It's a really fun bike.

Regarding the decals... I personally love the look, but I totally understand if it's not everyone's cup of tea. The color/size/location of the decals is very similar to the way Cannondale did it on their Evo Black Inc paint scheme several years ago, and I really like the understated look.

The decals on this bike are only on the drive side; maybe I should have posted photos from the non-drive side!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:51 PM

perfect graphics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoj View Post
Thanks man! It's a really fun bike.

Regarding the decals... I personally love the look, but I totally understand if it's not everyone's cup of tea. The color/size/location of the decals is very similar to the way Cannondale did it on their Evo Black Inc paint scheme several years ago, and I really like the understated look.

The decals on this bike are only on the drive side; maybe I should have posted photos from the non-drive side!

The graphics do more for the Cannondale brand than the current logos while echoing their historic designs. IMHO, the gloss clearcoat highlights the frame construction. I guarantee that seeing that bike will lead many folks to reconsider a carbon Cannondale. Great looking bike!!