Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Really sad no paul on my the broadcast
RIP
I missed Paul on this stage when they needed filler on a straight windless stage with no climbing.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbb View Post
Really... Jerusalem on the shorts and a star of David on the jersey and you're "not sure who they are" but proceed to slag them off.

Sounds more like you know exactly who they are and want to sink the boots in for that very reason.
Wrong. Not into road racing, nor do I follow it. Never seen this kit on a team, so had no idea who they are outside of being idiots.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 AM

What part of the ARBT was this on? Very careless of them.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:51 AM
slower than you

That had to be the most flat, straight, and boring stage of a race Ive ever watched (in the background) on my flat screen. That's not going to inspire new American fans.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
That had to be the most flat, straight, and boring stage of a race Ive ever watched (in the background) on my flat screen. That's not going to inspire new American fans.
Agree that it was boring for knowledgeable cycling fans who watched the live video. For local spectators, the finishing circuits at the end of the stage made for good viewing as the pack took the corners at speed, with a close sprint finish.

Greg
Old 05-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
What part of the ARBT was this on? Very careless of them.
Road and met several teams who would open it up on long sections where there were few folks early in the morning. Some of the riders would break off and sprint on the levees where there were no riders.
Was riding back to sacto from folsom when I was pasted by the Jerusalem team. I jumped on and rode with them until the incident I mentioned took place. It happened two miles past Sunrise. What bothered me was the mother was yelling in a panic and those riders most diffidently heard this mother and seen the scared face on the little girl as most passed on her left and several on her right. I thought surly they would slow down as there were more riders ahead, nope.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:20 AM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
I'm going to try and make Gaimon's cookie corner ride up my baldy next Saturday and then take the kids to the Pasadena stage.
Assume you mean Friday -- hope to be there as well, to see them turn up GRR from Baldy Village then head up to the lifts for the stage finish.

I notice they had to alter Saturday's route to avoid Upper Big Tujunga due to the closure on ACH.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:18 AM

HOLY COW what a finish. If there were few more meters I think McCabe would have had him.

With two AZ natives in the race (Brandon McNulty.....remember this name folks, and Travis McCabe) we've got a lot to cheer about.

Fun fact......Travis and I both raced for Waste Management as Cat4's and I "worked" for him in Tucson Bicycle Classic back in 2009

Can't wait for stage 2 !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mccabe.jpg (71.4 KB, 134 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
The women's race is actually shorter than it was in the past. In 2015, '16 and '17 there were 4 stages, but last year (and this year) it was changed to 3 stages.
But unlike previous editions, the Women's Tour of California is being run concurrently with the Men's edition. This will likely result in more media coverage than past editions.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 PM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
The women's race is actually shorter than it was in the past. In 2015, '16 and '17 there were 4 stages, but last year (and this year) it was changed to 3 stages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
But unlike previous editions, the Women's Tour of California is being run concurrently with the Men's edition. This will likely result in more media coverage than past editions.
It won't be worth a pat on the back until the number of stages, and prize money, are equal … which won't happen in America, so back pats will never be forthcoming.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:27 PM

woah...after yesterdays stage today should make for good racing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profile.jpg (26.5 KB, 117 views)
Old 05-13-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
It won't be worth a pat on the back until the number of stages, and prize money, are equal … which won't happen in America, so back pats will never be forthcoming.
This kind of equality won't happen overnight. Prize money (and salaries) in cycling come from sponsors, and sponsors are interested in viewership eyeballs. Running the races concurrently will likely result in more viewership, so it is step in the right direction.

And as far as prize money, the Tour of California is already largely there - the men and the women's races have equal daily prize money. The total prize list for the women's race is less simply because there are fewer total days.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:49 PM

Is there a good free live stream to watch?
Old 05-13-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
Is there a good free live stream to watch?
https://www.amgentourofcalifornia.co...r-tracker-full

Today's coverage hasn't started yet.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:53 PM

First ATOC needs to actually televise the Women’s race (not just some wrap-up video package to be shown well after the fact). The Women’s race should have live streaming coverage