Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2018, 05:50 PM

Thanks.

That is the Croton Reservoir from Hunterbrook Rd.

SPP
Old 10-28-2018, 07:46 AM

i am hoping to do a gr260 as a winter project. seems like a great value.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:51 PM

My R240

I have an R240 with the brushed finish and etched graphics. When clean it looks great and I am very happy with it. I bought from my LBS who is one of the largest Lynskey dealers and likes them.

My take on Lynskeys is that they are very high value as they keep prices low by keeping production up. They aren't the most exclusive bikes but solid values and should be around for many years. I bought this when my Serotta TI frame broke post shutdown which I am still sick about. So I am happy to have life time warranty.

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lynskey R240.JPG (37.7 KB, 474 views)
Old 10-29-2018, 06:29 PM

You guys know that lifetime warranty doesn’t mean for your entire life but the useable life of the material, right? Or until they close up shop.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
You guys know that lifetime warranty doesn’t mean for your entire life but the useable life of the material, right? Or until they close up shop.
If you insist, ok, so true for all frames.

and they've been around for a while,

so there's that.

SPP
Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 AM

I have two Lynskey's, a 2013 Helix that I was fortunate enough to win in the raffle during the 6 Gap Century and an R460 that I purchased and built up shown here.

I have had zero issues with either bike and my experience with the Lynskey staff was excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R460.jpg (86.0 KB, 385 views)
Old 10-30-2018, 06:16 PM

@Paz

A couple of questions:
How much did the R460 frame weigh?
What bike stand is that in the pic?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zross312 View Post
I took a hard look at Lynskey when I decided to upgrade my road bike for this season. After digging into the details, I just couldn't live some of the maddening design decisions they make. Case in point - their dropouts. Why wouldn't they just spec simple, visually clean dropouts instead of these eyesores?
In agreement.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sib View Post
@Paz

A couple of questions:
How much did the R460 frame weigh?
What bike stand is that in the pic?

Thanks!
The frame is no lightweight....the frame/headset cups/Seat Post Clamp weighed in at 1730g, I ended up at 16.5# total weight with the complete build.

The stand is a Feedback Rakk Storage Stand.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM

That bike looks awesome.
Nothing wrong with 16.5 pounds. Lightest bike I ever had was a Giant TCR Advanced SL built up around 14.8 pounds, it was nothing special.
I now ride a triathlon bike, Felt IA FRD, that weighs about 21 pounds in race build (disc wheel, 90 front) and it climbs just fine!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paz View Post
The frame is no lightweight....the frame/headset cups/Seat Post Clamp weighed in at 1730g, I ended up at 16.5# total weight with the complete build.

The stand is a Feedback Rakk Storage Stand.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:21 PM

2018 Sportive Disc owner here. Rides like a dream, welds are great. Decals will peel off in a stiff breeze, but I stripped mine anyway. Bought the frame on their eBay site for about what the sale prices are now, but service has always been great. I was in the hardware store (in Seattle) last week when I remembered I needed some replacement screws for the rear drive-side thru-axle dropout insert. Called Lynskey from the store, and got immediately patched through to their service department, which gave me the info I needed. Total time from phone call to checkout at the store was maybe 2 minutes.

When I get my custom 50th birthday frame, I'm going with Lynskey, and I'm also hoping to ride it back from TN to WA (but we'll see what my wife says about that).

Also, the ti headbadges on their customs are SWEET. Now if they only anodized them...
Old 03-20-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormacf View Post
2018 Sportive Disc owner here. Rides like a dream, welds are great. Decals will peel off in a stiff breeze, but I stripped mine anyway. Bought the frame on their eBay site for about what the sale prices are now, but service has always been great. I was in the hardware store (in Seattle) last week when I remembered I needed some replacement screws for the rear drive-side thru-axle dropout insert. Called Lynskey from the store, and got immediately patched through to their service department, which gave me the info I needed. Total time from phone call to checkout at the store was maybe 2 minutes.

When I get my custom 50th birthday frame, I'm going with Lynskey, and I'm also hoping to ride it back from TN to WA (but we'll see what my wife says about that).

Also, the ti headbadges on their customs are SWEET. Now if they only anodized them...
Send your frame to them and have logos bead blasted on. They do a superb job for not a whole lotta $.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Barely Hanging On

I have a Helix Pro Disc with blasted decals and really enjoy it. If i take out the fact that it's the only disc bike I've ever ridden and factor out the tubeless tires running at 80 psi, I'm left with a bike that looks good and has really solid handling. If I didn't already have too many bikes, I'd pick up a rim brake version in my size of one were to come up. If you have your mind set on a prettier halo bike, you will still want one even if you have a Lynskey because they aren't as pretty, but my experience has been great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone looking for a bike.