Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2024, 01:27 PM

ISO - How to get Eurosport account to watch cycling in the US

Before I ask friend in Europe to get an account, I'm hoping to find someone who has successfully subscribed to Eurosport to watch cycling from the US.

My understanding is that if you have a Eurosport Premium account and then use a VPN you can watch basically what GCN used to have. The hang up is that you can't subscribe to Eurosport without a Euro payment method.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:54 PM

Peacock shows a lot of cycling events. I don't see any mountain bike stuff though.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexihnen View Post
Before I ask friend in Europe to get an account, I'm hoping to find someone who has successfully subscribed to Eurosport to watch cycling from the US.

My understanding is that if you have a Eurosport Premium account and then use a VPN you can watch basically what GCN used to have. The hang up is that you can't subscribe to Eurosport without a Euro payment method.
Unfortunately, you need a time machine and be grand-fathered in. They shut the door on easy access circa 2018.

Other than that, an EU/UK-based credit card/paypal account.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:21 PM

To offer some clarification, I want to watch all the classics and lesser races that Peacock does not have and I'm not going to subscribe to Flo.

I'm planning to pay a friend in Europe to get a Eurosport account and then watch using VPN on that account. This should work fine, right?
Old 02-27-2024, 03:22 PM

Yes. Set your vpn to the nation where your subscription is.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexihnen View Post
To offer some clarification, I want to watch all the classics and lesser races that Peacock does not have and I'm not going to subscribe to Flo.

I'm planning to pay a friend in Europe to get a Eurosport account and then watch using VPN on that account. This should work fine, right?
Yeah, VPN is all you need once your friend secures a paying account for you.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:43 PM

curious if anyone knows...so if say I get a friend in Belgium to set up a Eurosport account...using a VPN...will I be able to watch the English language broadcasts or would it strictly be for dutch etc...i.e is it that territorial?
Old 02-27-2024, 08:27 PM
50 bpm

I have.

Back before GCN+, way before, I set up a UK PayPal account so I could subscribe to Eurosport. At the time, all you needed to establish an account was a physical address in the UK. (I used the GCN/PlaySports HQ in Bath.)

When GCN+ came along, I didn't need Eurosport anymore but I kept money in the UK PayPal account. (OK, truth be told, I forgot.) But when I got the panic-inducing news about GCN+ going Tango Uniform, I remembered the account and damn if it wasn't still active. So I signed up for Disco+ with my account and presto! I'm a subscriber.

Keep in mind that this only works now if you have a UK mobile number (or a number from any country where you want to establish an account).

For the time being, we're getting most of what's on Eurosport/Disco+ on Max. But I'm told this is just a teaser; when the season really boots off we'll be charged extra for B-R Sports.

In the meantime, though, I have my Eurosport/DIsco+ subscription at the ready, so I don't have to listen to the terrible announcers on Flo or Peacock.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:40 PM

I have an invite to cyclingtorrents.nl...

Would love to share but would only ask whomever asks for this that they are kinda serious about keeping their ratio up (which is that you keep an upload speed about half to what you take off site)...the site is pretty closed now and from what I hear for good and have been warned that any invites will reflect on me...I have been there for about 12 years now so that is important to me that I keep my good standing there...will certainly fall towards a longer timer paceliner to be honest...anyhow, if interested...also, please don't ask if you don't really need it and have other ways...
Old 02-27-2024, 09:24 PM

Max has picked up most of what GCN+ was offering. I subscribed this AM so I can watch Strade Bianche this weekend. It's $10/month with ads or $15/month without. And while normally it would require the $10/month sports package, they are including it for now.

Looking forward to Strade!
Old 02-27-2024, 10:37 PM

I have Max as part of YoutubeTV.
They have a lot of cycling content, more than I have time to watch.
Also FLo has races on YouTube for free but with a lot of commercials.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
curious if anyone knows...so if say I get a friend in Belgium to set up a Eurosport account...using a VPN...will I be able to watch the English language broadcasts or would it strictly be for dutch etc...i.e is it that territorial?
In the app you can change between languages as done before with GCN but I haven't tested the browser feed yet.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:21 AM

Don't know if I'm lucky, or there is some magic using AmEx to pay for a Eurosport subscription. I've renewed three or four years since the supposed crackdown. VPN + Eurosport is the best way to go if you can make it happen.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:35 PM

Quick update. I was going to subscribe with the help of a Norwegian friend. Turns out that Eurosport is $17/mo in Norway and less than half that in the EU & GB. So still working on it.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:20 AM

Price varies depending on where you are in the EU. I pay 18.50 usd. Shop carefully :-)