Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2018, 12:54 PM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
I am overthinking the paint scheme of my incoming Gaulzetti Aerotack, I overthought every part on my incoming Seven Sola SL, I enjoy overthinking bike stuff.
Ask Craig to send you a picture of the demo Aerotack disc bike for potential ideas. That's a gorgeous bike, though it's hard for it not to be with Campy EPS and Lightweight wheels.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:22 PM

I have all silver Chorus 10, Record silver to Ambrosio Nemesis with fresh Veloflex , titanium post and stem with my favorite classic bend bars waiting for the perfect classic frame to come along.

Looking for along the lines of a grail 52cm Merckx MXL, De Rosa Primato, LeMond SLX-TSX, Colnago Master, Moser, Tomasini.....
Old 09-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post

Looking for along the lines of a grail 52cm Merckx MXL, De Rosa Primato, LeMond SLX-TSX, Colnago Master, Moser, Tomasini.....
Based on what I'm selling, I'm not really looking for anything, but if I found a good deal on one of those in my size, I would be all over it.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Although I already have a gravel bike.... "Do I really need it?" Should I convert it to a 1X system for it to be more fun???
Old 09-16-2018, 05:14 PM

lol - wife's commuter bike.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 PM

With my new Alliance I don’t really need my Cielo. To help I took out the Cielo on today’s ride - It didn’t help. I don’t really need 2 steel race type bikes but....ugh!
Old 09-16-2018, 07:46 PM

Oh yeah, not sure I’m digging the Campy on my new bike. Couple things bug me with the shifting. Debating scraping it and going with 9100 - ugh!
Old 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Widening my 'stance' on my bikes. Just switched from Time RXS pedals to Dura Ace 9100 pedals with the longer +4mm axle, and switched from 132mm saddles to 143mm (same model).

I'm 6-2, 180, size 48 shoes, and felt that maybe my feet wanted to be farther apart. I've always used one or two pedal washers and mounted my cleats to get my shoes out as far as they'd go.

We'll see how this goes. I went with the yellow +/- 6 degree float cleat. The blue one that came with the pedals was too confining. Have a few hundred miles or so on the new setup and it feels fine. Not earth-shattering, but good. The 'hold' with the new pedals is definitely way different than with the Time pedals. Wow, shoes are really locked in. Not a bad thing. I dialed back the retention a bit, too, and may dial it back even more at some point.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:10 PM

I have a NOS 1984 Cinelli Supercorsa frameset and I have a nice C-Record group to go on it but I am hesitant to build it up because the darned thing is probably pretty valuable to someone in it's NOS condition. I think I'd be better off finding a used one and building that up instead and selling the NOS one to a collector.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

The single speed gear ratio never ending question
17,18, or 20?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:38 PM
Vendor

I’m in this weird paradox where I think if I had more time to ride I’d have fewer bikes. Somehow I’m finding time to ride and number of bikes to be inversely proportional. But since I feel that I’m here in the trust tree, I’m thinking about a gravel disc with clearance for a 700x38 to 700x43 that cuts more on road geo than mtn geo. I’m not sure if that can be done and still have clearance for 43. I’d be willing to give up some mud clearance. I was reading a recent Cycling Tips review where the author thought the Open Up was sluggish and went instead with the Alfa Allroad. I was surprised at the sluggishness comment. I’d like to go ti but my pockets aren’t deep enough. I’m thinking a tig steel - Rock Lobster is the heavy favorite right now.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:05 AM

Back in January I ordered a No22 made to order “gravel bike”, I kept telling the shop that I wanted this to be more like an 80% road bike that I could ride on fire roads not a “gravel bike” per se. All along the way I keep hearing how a gravel bike “should be” and I keep saying I want this to be more of a road bike I can ride on gravel. If I just wanted a gravel bike I wouldn’t have needed to make a custom order.

I keep obsessing about whether my message had eventually sunk in; and what I’m going to end up with after my 9-10-11 month wait (who knows when it's going to show up).

As much as I'm willing to support local shops I wish I could deal with the frame builder myself so I know they get the message... my message.

(thanks for the thread. probably saved me a trip or two to a therapist)
Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 AM

Replace my ck pink headset to ck 40th anniversary.. also the wheels.
The price is kinda ridiculous but i cannot get out of beautiful color..
Old 09-17-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
As much as I'm willing to support local shops I wish I could deal with the frame builder myself so I know they get the message... my message.
Can you call the builder direct? That would drive me up the wall.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Back in January I ordered a No22 made to order “gravel bike”, I kept telling the shop that I wanted this to be more like an 80% road bike that I could ride on fire roads not a “gravel bike” per se. All along the way I keep hearing how a gravel bike “should be” and I keep saying I want this to be more of a road bike I can ride on gravel. If I just wanted a gravel bike I wouldn’t have needed to make a custom order.

I keep obsessing about whether my message had eventually sunk in; and what I’m going to end up with after my 9-10-11 month wait (who knows when it's going to show up).

(thanks for the thread. probably saved me a trip or two to a therapist)

i dont like the sound of anything about this story. it sounds like your LBS is not very good if you have these questions in your head after ordering an expensive bike like NO22.

I would contact them directly. they have contact info on their web page listed, and from what i have been told, they are pretty responsive and easy to engage.

also - this is what's listed on their page for custom lead time...

Quote:
Your bike, made exactly as you want it. With a current turnaround time of approximately 12 weeks with stock or custom geometry, our made-to-order collection is comprised of some of the most desirable frames in the world.