Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merckxman View Post
This STRONG has been in ebay for awhile. You didn't say when theft occurred but you did say bike was unique.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274385510304
Damn, that ebay seller is quite brazen, selling fenced goods

Good luck to OrMojo. Hope you get to recover your bikes and then some.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
<snip> I interpreted the seller’s name as a double entendre (“handlebar”)
Of course, that's the cycling humor, but it is a double entendre...

It's an ironic name for an eBay seller who happens to be selling stolen goods.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:39 AM

Yeah seems like someone deserves a bit more time behind bars.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:31 AM

Thanks, everyone. Please keep an eye out for any of the other items.

I will update here as I can, but two points:
  1. I am not in any way assuming or implying complicit involvement by any parties, such as this ebay seller.
  2. Based on what I think is sound legal advice, I am not going to share names/details of (and everything leading up to, and after) the theft. As I said, it is complex, and there are multiple criminal and civil actions being considered or already pending. Maybe someday when, hopefully, this is all resolved.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Wishing you good mojo on the outcome Mojo.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post

1. I am not in any way assuming or implying complicit involvement by any parties, such as this ebay seller.
  2. Based on what I think is sound legal advice, I am not going to share names/details of (and everything leading up to, and after) the theft. As I said, it is complex, and there are multiple criminal and civil actions being considered or already pending. Maybe someday when, hopefully, this is all resolved.
Great approach. Hopefully you will be able to share when the matter becomes public record.

Best of luck in the recovery of those bikes.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Vendor

OR, best of luck in the recovery. I'll keep an eye out.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:11 PM

I think tgat Spectrum was on eBay with the last year.

[QUOTE=ORMojo;2810065]There is a very long story behind this, so I'm not going into details here. We suffered a theft of ~$60k (per appraised value) in bikes and parts. We actually know who committed the theft, but that person has eluded capture or either criminal or civil prosecution to this point. Like I said, long story, and most of that is not pertinent to this thread. All in all we lost about a dozen complete bikes, about another dozen framesets, 15 wheelsets, and innumerable groups & components.

What I'm hoping here is the beyond-a-long-shot chance that I can recover one or more of the bikes. I'm not posting the entire $60k inventory here, only the most unique and thus readily identifiable bikes, which generally also are the ones I would most like to retrieve. I've also included a couple of the smaller items, simply because they are fairly unique/rare, and possibly could help track down other items. All photos are of the actual bike/component. I have extensive detailed photos of almost everything, as I kept photographic and other documentation of nearly everything bike-related in binders. The photo binder alone is over 700 pages (the photos below of the Civia & Co-Motion are taken of pages in the binder, because I can't find those digital photos at this time).

(I'm not sure why some of the attachments aren't showing, but if you click on them, you can see the photo.)
Old 10-12-2020, 02:42 PM

I agree that the Spectrum was on ebay, looks familiar. I remember that seatpost to match. Pethaps searching on concluded auctions will find it.

[QUOTE=duff_duffy;2810447]I think tgat Spectrum was on eBay with the last year.

Quote:
There is a very long story behind this, so I'm not going into details here. We suffered a theft of ~$60k (per appraised value) in bikes and parts. We actually know who committed the theft, but that person has eluded capture or either criminal or civil prosecution to this point. Like I said, long story, and most of that is not pertinent to this thread. All in all we lost about a dozen complete bikes, about another dozen framesets, 15 wheelsets, and innumerable groups & components.

What I'm hoping here is the beyond-a-long-shot chance that I can recover one or more of the bikes. I'm not posting the entire $60k inventory here, only the most unique and thus readily identifiable bikes, which generally also are the ones I would most like to retrieve. I've also included a couple of the smaller items, simply because they are fairly unique/rare, and possibly could help track down other items. All photos are of the actual bike/component. I have extensive detailed photos of almost everything, as I kept photographic and other documentation of nearly everything bike-related in binders. The photo binder alone is over 700 pages (the photos below of the Civia & Co-Motion are taken of pages in the binder, because I can't find those digital photos at this time).

(I'm not sure why some of the attachments aren't showing, but if you click on them, you can see the photo.)

Last edited by merckxman; 10-12-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

I’m just seeing this and knowing the perp is from around here makes even more angry. I’ll keep my eyes peeled but those bikes are so special I’m sure I would have noticed them if anyone was riding them here.
I’m so sorry and I hope the wheels of justice roll your way.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:37 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:

regardless, if the shop is in possession of stolen goods they have to return them to the proper owner. I mean it sucks they bought stolen merch but they going to have to return it to you.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:40 PM

Those that recall the Spectrum being for sale may just be recalling listing here when I bought it, and/or the listing here when I had it for sale. I did not list it on ebay, and haven't seen it there (we've had ebay saved searches/alerts active for a lot of the major items).
Old 11-16-2020, 11:06 AM

Stolen Rock Lobster in San Francisco. Not a lot of these out there, please keep your eyes peeled!

Old 11-16-2020, 11:12 AM

I'll be on the lookout. Any other distinguishing features?
Old 11-17-2020, 12:59 PM

will be on the look out for the LR in the east bay. i used to have a scandium LR cx (canti) bike that looked just like that. one fast race whip.

I have noticed lots of posts, esp. CA, of bikes getting jacked from folks' garages. anyone have any inside on how this is happening? I imagine that cabling the 9 bikes I have in my garage would not prevent theft by someone who has pried my garage door open.