Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 06-04-2019, 06:07 PM

love that paint scheme. It's going to be a heck of a bike when you're done!
Old 06-05-2019, 10:14 AM

Forgot to add these shots ........

Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
I'd like to try some Veloflex Vlaanderen tubular tires that measure 27mm on my F8, the tire looks to fit the frame but not the brakes. So I tried a few brakes, Campy Record 11 and Record 12 both do not have enuf clearance but the Pina Most brakes do. A few photos for ya with a Veloflex Vlaanderen 27mm tubular rear tire. Note that the Record 12 and the Most brakes both have a screw you can turn to open up the brakes, the Record 12 gets wider but not taller, the Most gets wider and taller !

Hey buddy. Just an FYI I fit 28mm Corsa G+ tubs with 26.2 FSE wheels to my serotta using the Record 12 brakes with no issues and plenty of room. I noticed you have the adjuster bottomed out. You need to loosen that bad boy up so the arm arches some more. That will give you the brake clearance you need and what I had to do going from 25mm tires. Shoot me a PM if you need further help but pretty easy stuff once you play with that adjustment.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck*this View Post
Hey buddy. Just an FYI I fit 28mm Corsa G+ tubs with 26.2 FSE wheels to my serotta using the Record 12 brakes with no issues and plenty of room. I noticed you have the adjuster bottomed out. You need to loosen that bad boy up so the arm arches some more. That will give you the brake clearance you need and what I had to do going from 25mm tires. Shoot me a PM if you need further help but pretty easy stuff once you play with that adjustment.
You are right I checked again and the below photos are more accurate, but the Pina MOST brakes still have the most room on my F8.

Also I am now going Etap so the campy R12 are going on my Seven 622 SLX see here for how they fit .... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...17#post2554717

1st photo is Record 11
2nd photo is Record 12 with the adjustment screw fully out
3nd photo is Pina MOST with the adjustment screw fully out

Last edited by KarlC; 06-17-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl
This thing mf slaps, handles well, super aero, rides well. Believe the hype y'all.
So far Id have to agree, for a carbon bike an all.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:03 AM

Old 06-23-2019, 05:51 PM

9.9/10 ----> should be in the big-ring for the #baaw pic

Seriously tho, looks great!
Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM

Very nice build! Looks fast standing still. Were you able to get the seat post issue sorted?
Old 06-24-2019, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Well done Karl! Looks very good. I love the overall aesthetic.

Be sure to give us some ride impressions soon! Enjoy!
Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
9.9/10 ----> should be in the big-ring for the #baaw pic

Seriously tho, looks great!
LOL...... How goes your "Irrational desire to ride a Pinarello Dogma" ...... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=dogma

Old 06-24-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck*this View Post
Very nice build! Looks fast standing still. Were you able to get the seat post issue sorted?
Thx man, yes the seat post issue is all good now and I swapped out the set back post for a non set back post as I like the fit better this way.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM
aka RAEKWON

looks awesome.

OG Etap looks so good on a lot of bikes. Chrome is classic but still looks good on carbon.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Well done Karl! Looks very good. I love the overall aesthetic.

Be sure to give us some ride impressions soon! Enjoy!
Ride report so far, not that many miles yet so it may change some but...

- Ride Compliance / How Harsh or Smooth it rides - So far I am pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting it to be a bit of a harsh riding frame, but its not. You can feel hard / large bumps in your hands and legs a bit but somehow not in the saddle, so it feels great even on crap roads. I know this has a lot to do with wheels, tires and PSI also. Right now Im on Easton Aero 55 tubulars with 25 Coni sprinters at 80/85 PSI, I plan to try my Zipp 303 with 27 Veloflex next.

- Climbing - No real climbing done yet, but on small hills it seems to ask nicely for you to stand up and step on it, rollers are to fun for words.

- Handling - This thing feels light, I have lighter bikes, but they do not feel as light as this bike does. Its a cool feeling that you keeping thinking during the ride ..... man this bike is light. It not twitchy at all, its very stable and well balanced.

So far it feels like this is a very balanced road bike that can do it ALL REALLY well.

More riding to do and lots more to discover about this one, but so far its at the top of my list for Carbon frames I have tried.

Last edited by KarlC; 06-24-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
LOL...... How goes your "Irrational desire to ride a Pinarello Dogma" ...... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=dogma

It's still alive and well. There's a chance the Battaglin will get traded for a 65.1 - but that depends on the other project..

Otherwise I'm thinking a rental from Above Category will be in order one of these days.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Ride report so far, not that many miles yet so it may change some but...

- Ride Compliance / How Harsh or Smooth it rides - So far I am pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting it to be a bit of a harsh riding frame, but its not. You can feel hard / large bumps in your hands and legs a bit but somehow not in the saddle, so it feels great even on crap roads. I know this has a lot to do with wheels, tires and PSI also. Right now Im on Easton Aero 55 tubulars with 25 Coni sprinters at 80/85 PSI, I plan to try my Zipp 303 with 27 Veloflex next.

- Climbing - No real climbing done yet, but on small hills it seems to ask nicely for you to stand up and step on it, rollers are to fun for words.

- Handling - This thing feels light, I have lighter bikes, but they do not feel as light as this bike does. Its a cool feeling that you keeping thinking during the ride ..... man this bike is light. It not twitchy at all, its very stable and well balanced.

So far it feels like this is a very balanced road bike that can do it ALL REALLY well.

More riding to do and lots more to discover about this one, but so far its at the top of my list for Carbon frames I have tried.

Very good stuff. That's all what I want out of a performance-oriented road bike. It's all about the experience..