Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-04-2019, 06:07 PM
jay023 jay023 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
love that paint scheme. It's going to be a heck of a bike when you're done!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-05-2019, 10:14 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Forgot to add these shots ........



__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 AM
huck*this huck*this is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
I'd like to try some Veloflex Vlaanderen tubular tires that measure 27mm on my F8, the tire looks to fit the frame but not the brakes. So I tried a few brakes, Campy Record 11 and Record 12 both do not have enuf clearance but the Pina Most brakes do. A few photos for ya with a Veloflex Vlaanderen 27mm tubular rear tire. Note that the Record 12 and the Most brakes both have a screw you can turn to open up the brakes, the Record 12 gets wider but not taller, the Most gets wider and taller !





Hey buddy. Just an FYI I fit 28mm Corsa G+ tubs with 26.2 FSE wheels to my serotta using the Record 12 brakes with no issues and plenty of room. I noticed you have the adjuster bottomed out. You need to loosen that bad boy up so the arm arches some more. That will give you the brake clearance you need and what I had to do going from 25mm tires. Shoot me a PM if you need further help but pretty easy stuff once you play with that adjustment.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 PM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck*this View Post
Hey buddy. Just an FYI I fit 28mm Corsa G+ tubs with 26.2 FSE wheels to my serotta using the Record 12 brakes with no issues and plenty of room. I noticed you have the adjuster bottomed out. You need to loosen that bad boy up so the arm arches some more. That will give you the brake clearance you need and what I had to do going from 25mm tires. Shoot me a PM if you need further help but pretty easy stuff once you play with that adjustment.
You are right I checked again and the below photos are more accurate, but the Pina MOST brakes still have the most room on my F8.

Also I am now going Etap so the campy R12 are going on my Seven 622 SLX see here for how they fit .... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...17#post2554717

1st photo is Record 11
2nd photo is Record 12 with the adjustment screw fully out
3nd photo is Pina MOST with the adjustment screw fully out




__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /

Last edited by KarlC; 06-17-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 PM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl
This thing mf slaps, handles well, super aero, rides well. Believe the hype y'all.
So far Id have to agree, for a carbon bike an all.

.

.
__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-23-2019, 11:03 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759






__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,672
9.9/10 ----> should be in the big-ring for the #baaw pic


Seriously tho, looks great!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM
huck*this huck*this is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,944
Very nice build! Looks fast standing still. Were you able to get the seat post issue sorted?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-24-2019, 07:16 AM
AngryScientist's Avatar
AngryScientist AngryScientist is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: northeast NJ
Posts: 20,550
Well done Karl! Looks very good. I love the overall aesthetic.

Be sure to give us some ride impressions soon! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
9.9/10 ----> should be in the big-ring for the #baaw pic


Seriously tho, looks great!
LOL...... How goes your "Irrational desire to ride a Pinarello Dogma" ...... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=dogma

.
__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-24-2019, 08:54 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck*this View Post
Very nice build! Looks fast standing still. Were you able to get the seat post issue sorted?
Thx man, yes the seat post issue is all good now and I swapped out the set back post for a non set back post as I like the fit better this way.

.
__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM
R3awak3n's Avatar
R3awak3n R3awak3n is offline
aka RAEKWON
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC // Catskills, NY
Posts: 10,554
looks awesome.

OG Etap looks so good on a lot of bikes. Chrome is classic but still looks good on carbon.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:25 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Well done Karl! Looks very good. I love the overall aesthetic.

Be sure to give us some ride impressions soon! Enjoy!
Ride report so far, not that many miles yet so it may change some but...

- Ride Compliance / How Harsh or Smooth it rides - So far I am pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting it to be a bit of a harsh riding frame, but its not. You can feel hard / large bumps in your hands and legs a bit but somehow not in the saddle, so it feels great even on crap roads. I know this has a lot to do with wheels, tires and PSI also. Right now Im on Easton Aero 55 tubulars with 25 Coni sprinters at 80/85 PSI, I plan to try my Zipp 303 with 27 Veloflex next.

- Climbing - No real climbing done yet, but on small hills it seems to ask nicely for you to stand up and step on it, rollers are to fun for words.

- Handling - This thing feels light, I have lighter bikes, but they do not feel as light as this bike does. Its a cool feeling that you keeping thinking during the ride ..... man this bike is light. It not twitchy at all, its very stable and well balanced.

So far it feels like this is a very balanced road bike that can do it ALL REALLY well.

More riding to do and lots more to discover about this one, but so far its at the top of my list for Carbon frames I have tried.

.
__________________
PINA F8 InGamba / SEVEN 622SLX / SPEEDVAGEN ROAD /

Last edited by KarlC; 06-24-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
LOL...... How goes your "Irrational desire to ride a Pinarello Dogma" ...... https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=dogma

.
It's still alive and well. There's a chance the Battaglin will get traded for a 65.1 - but that depends on the other project..

Otherwise I'm thinking a rental from Above Category will be in order one of these days.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
Ride report so far, not that many miles yet so it may change some but...

- Ride Compliance / How Harsh or Smooth it rides - So far I am pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting it to be a bit of a harsh riding frame, but its not. You can feel hard / large bumps in your hands and legs a bit but somehow not in the saddle, so it feels great even on crap roads. I know this has a lot to do with wheels, tires and PSI also. Right now Im on Easton Aero 55 tubulars with 25 Coni sprinters at 80/85 PSI, I plan to try my Zipp 303 with 27 Veloflex next.

- Climbing - No real climbing done yet, but on small hills it seems to ask nicely for you to stand up and step on it, rollers are to fun for words.

- Handling - This thing feels light, I have lighter bikes, but they do not feel as light as this bike does. Its a cool feeling that you keeping thinking during the ride ..... man this bike is light. It not twitchy at all, its very stable and well balanced.

So far it feels like this is a very balanced road bike that can do it ALL REALLY well.

More riding to do and lots more to discover about this one, but so far its at the top of my list for Carbon frames I have tried.

.
Very good stuff. That's all what I want out of a performance-oriented road bike. It's all about the experience..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.