Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 03-19-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
No, was too tired from the ride the day before! But choosing an 85mi ride on a beautiful day over mostly country roads was the right call over driving for two hours round-trip to do a sketchy CAT-4/5 race on a boring course that would have been over in an hour or so. There's the rub.

Maybe I'll keep it regardless the racing interest. It is certainly a fun bike to ride fast over shorter-to-medium distances. And it's hard to beat titanium for not caring if you get caught in the rain mid-ride.
Great choice! I would have done the same thing. Hard to pass up a beautiful, low stress ride on clear roads.

I agree with what was said above...great photo!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
First ride today...and wow...this bike is in cahoots with that devil on your shoulder goading you to sprint over every ride, drop down to puppy-paws and hammer the flats, or forget you've got another gear still on 15% grades. (...trying my best Peloton mag reenactment)

I really had no idea what to expect on this one - just threw out an eBay bid looking for something that'd give me an aggressive aero position for spring road races w my club. And boy oh boy is this that.

It is FAST. And that's w boxy classics wheels on there. I can't imagine what it's going to feel like with DV66s when I throw those on. Maybe it's the Nobuseri fit. Maybe I'm coming into form finally. Who knows.

The frame really feels like the perfect blend of stiffness for where I am weight-wise and power-wise right now. It gives a bit and is very snappy feeling at the BB. Just how I like it. It may ride awfully for someone 150lbs or 210lbs - dunno. It jams for me.

Also very happy w the saddle, first time using it today and no issues after 3.5hrs on it.

This isn't the bike I'll ride every day - when it's time to motor though, this whip is getting the call-up.

Shout-out to Jinbok for hooking me up with the wheels and Record group. Both are most excellent - though the wheels are going to my Kirk for tubular backups once I have the Reynolds from Stein mounted up on here.

Noice. Ti rocks, got a Spectrum Ti, and if life's way of happening got to me living in my car, it'd be on a roof rack of that car. D, it's probably a good tong you are taller than I am.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxnyrwarrsoul View Post
Noice. Ti rocks, got a Spectrum Ti, and if life's way of happening got to me living in my car, it'd be on a roof rack of that car. D, it's probably a good tong you are taller than I am.
In a parallel universe, Lionel has already sold me his Spectrum and I am riding happily ever after..

But in this one, I'll put my Kirk on top of the Astro van and lock it up tight while parked down by the river.