Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
He measured the bb later and showed them on the graph. DS hole is too large, NDS hole is too small, and concentricity looks to be off by about .1mm. While the FSA standard shows that their tolerance is .1mm for concentricity, that's only if the DS and NDS are within spec. And at least accoriding to the FSA doc the NDS needs to be 46mm dead on with no room for error:
There is no such thing as "dead on" in tolerances. When there is no explicit tolerance listed for a specific dimension, you refer to the legend for the default tolerance.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:39 PM

ham i have a feeling they were behind some other people going after you in the social sphere as well... but ive been known to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

i for one am thankful people like you are out there. these companies cannot continue to get by with cool paint jobs and bad QC
Old 07-11-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambini View Post
This is a bit of a bone of contention so I will answer here.

One of the issues you don't see on my YT channel at least not publically is the level of effort manufacturers go to try and shut me up. Legalities around defamation are the main point.

The only time that I've been done for defamation where I couldn't do a come back is when I said

"I read this on twitter so it must be true that [Insert bike comapany] fund the basque separatist group ETA".

That video got removed but the actual issues around the technical bit they did not argue about.

In the case of other bike manufacturers, the scans are effectively an insurance policy against a defamation claim because the absolute truth is the ultimate defence. There is a lot of data including but not limited to internal scans and even cameras down tubes that you do not see.

I could write a novel about the times that people have tried to shut me up.

The problem that the bike companies have is after they do their homework, they will figure out I'm rather well funded and rather well connected. So on a technical front, it's probably not worthwhile going down the road because the repercussions for them will be a lot more severe because the kind of individuals they are picking technical arguments with are not 5 year old swearing nob heads - in case you hadn't guessed, that is a front!

I would write more if I could but Peppa Pig is on TV followed by paw patrol.

You will see some NDT stuff in the next video. I'm going to show a good frame.

Thanks

Hambini
I am all in for your criticsm of bad QC and bad design from pretentious bike companies selling us bad products. Otoh when it comes to language and humour.. i know it´s just humour and we should not take us so seriously BUT some people, a lot of people, will use any excuse to amp their misoginies, prejudice and lack of respect for women. I wish realities were different but these are the times we live in.
Congrats on the success of your videos. I like watching it.

PS: Orbea?

Last edited by colker; 07-11-2020 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Thankyou Colker and Cinema.

On the subject of the FSA drawing. I have had to spit out my warm breast milk whilst watching paw patrol.

*the Feck (first word WHO) leaves a 0.4mm fit range? Surely that's just a Shyte drawing. Ron's second name must be C U next tuesday. That's even worse than Rinard from cervelo.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:48 PM
DELETE ACCNT

C'MON HAMBINI, I HAD TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME JUST TO READ THAT! :P

Goodstuffasusual!
Quote:
HellOOO HAMBINI FANS!!!!

I hate it when I do that.

I want to say that it was exemplary trolling by some forum goes. And the others.... well get a grip.

The business about sample size. Well the point with that is, if you forget the void. The bottom bracket is a hook line and sinker. CRap qa qc. How did it get out of the door?

I've never seen a BB tolerance of a range of 0.4mm, someone share the link? So I can roast it. Sounds like a foreign language... perhaps the language of BS.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:58 PM

the powerpoint engineering scale on this last video was the funniest yet.
mr hambini , could you please rate the paceline forum in the near future ?
cheerz
p.s some friends are animators on 'paw patrol' glad you enjoy their work LOL
Old 07-11-2020, 05:00 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Damn bro, hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinkozmo View Post
mr hambini , could you please rate the paceline forum in the near future ?
Old 07-11-2020, 05:05 PM

Deleted.

Last edited by AngryScientist; 07-11-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Deleted.
yup, i said it before and i'll say it again: the brand of low-brow humor you bring to your youtube channel is your own business and your own prerogative. that's not the way we converse here, never has been and never will be.

consider this your warning, you're welcome to participate here, but we're not going to be talking about banging wives, filthy expletives, and coming up with clever maneuvers around the foul language filter.

thanks.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:26 PM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Deleted.
I've followed you on WW going back to discussions about aero wheels and the data you provided. You certainly know a lot about engineering and are doing a service trying to weed through marketing BS.

I personally don't appreciate the schtick using misogynistic and fowl language far beyond casual F bombs and the like. Much of it even sounds forced to me and it's a disservice to the information you are graciously giving away. I'm your target audience so take it for what it's worth.

You're free to say what you want, they are your videos. I'm just chiming in my feedback as someone who genuinely appreciates your engineering content.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:28 PM

"Consider this a warning..."

I am really sorry Nick. I won't do it again.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:13 AM

Fsa confirmed to me that is 45.95 to 46.00 on both sides

Don't know where that drawing came from but it's wrong or not the latest revision

You cannot have a range of 0.4mm. that is unworkable
Old 07-12-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
yup, i said it before and i'll say it again: the brand of low-brow humor you bring to your youtube channel is your own business and your own prerogative. that's not the way we converse here, never has been and never will be.

consider this your warning, you're welcome to participate here, but we're not going to be talking about banging wives, filthy expletives, and coming up with clever maneuvers around the foul language filter.

thanks.
Love this. I have no tolerance for this type of behavior. Bullies need to be confronted, even physically, when appropriate.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:47 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
Love this. I have no tolerance for this type of behavior. Bullies need to be confronted, even physically, when appropriate.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
I tried hard to see this as an alternative POV but it makes no sense to me: bullies abuse and rejoice in other´s fear. That´s not the case w/ Hambini. And you "love" how a guy who does a service to the cycling community may be threatenned by the moderator? Even if the moderator is acting to protect forum rules? You rejoice in punishment... Who is the bully here?
Closed Thread