Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2020, 06:30 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
I bought 9 candles. Going to use them for Hanukkah.
David is kidding me, he knows that you need 44 candles for Hanukkah.
Infidel.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Looking forward to getting the Rapha candle, thanks.

Seriously, is this an overstock.com type of deal? or is this a legit retail channel in the UK for Rapha?

Also, for folks who have not worn Rapha, the sizing between and within lines can vary. It's the only company where I can be a medium, a large and a XL depending on the piece.
I wondered too.

If you read the site they are selling loads of this stuff as pre-sale orders and don't actually own the inventory.

They have some inventory as well but if you look at the ship dates on some stuff it's 4-5 weeks out.

Not interested.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
I bought 9 candles. Going to use them for Hanukkah.
So that's what a Rapha "bougie" is! I think I overpaid They have some good stuff here. I'm not familiar with their "house" brands, though.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:06 AM

SportPursuit is legit. Both Charlie and I have ordered from them in the past.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Descent fitness

I have ordered from Sportspursuit probably 10 times. When they have timed sales that means that they will ship on or near the end date for the sale, and not before, so keep that in mind. If you order non-timed sale gear, shipping is usually within 1-2 days. I tend to get my order in Calif in 5-7 days. FWIW, their house brand merino, Isobaa, is excellent and a great deal when compared to Icebreaker et al.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:57 AM
aka RAEKWON

I got a couple things so thanks for bumping this.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:48 PM

I put a bunch of Rapha stuff in my cart for Christmas for my wife and was not allowed to purchase. When I emailed them, they said that certain items cannot be shipped to the US. Bummer. Anyone else have this issue? There was a lot of nice stuff in there!
Old 12-21-2020, 09:04 PM

I got shipment notices for three orders of primarily Rapha stuff back on 11/30, but the shipment info was no good (which isn't all that abnormal when coming from an overseas carrier). And then today I just got PayPal refunds issued for two of the three orders and cancellation notices for all three. That sucks. I'd passed up buying other options expecting to get the winter kit I ordered from them. I'm curious what the deal is. I understand one item being out of stock, but all of them? Why take the order? Argh. Hopefully if I'm not getting the third order then the refund for that one will show up shortly too.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:11 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I got shipment notices for three orders of primarily Rapha stuff back on 11/30, but the shipment info was no good (which isn't all that abnormal when coming from an overseas carrier). And then today I just got PayPal refunds issued for two of the three orders and cancellation notices for all three. That sucks. I'd passed up buying other options expecting to get the winter kit I ordered from them. I'm curious what the deal is. I understand one item being out of stock, but all of them? Why take the order? Argh. Hopefully if I'm not getting the third order then the refund for that one will show up shortly too.
my tracking numbers, which also were sent a while ago, are not saying anything (again like you said, normal), I feel like they have not dropped the stuff in the mail. I should check paypal but I figured I would probably get an email saying refund and I haven't so I assume my stuff is still coming. It is all winter stuff so lets hope it comes before the winter is over.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
my tracking numbers, which also were sent a while ago, are not saying anything (again like you said, normal), I feel like they have not dropped the stuff in the mail. I should check paypal but I figured I would probably get an email saying refund and I haven't so I assume my stuff is still coming. It is all winter stuff so lets hope it comes before the winter is over.
My tracking goes to a Pitney Bowes site and show its in New Jersey but that was on 12/14. No change in the last week. Not sure if this is typical or a COVID/holiday induced delay. Pretty good deals but not sure it’s worth the wait.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbh View Post
My tracking goes to a Pitney Bowes site and show its in New Jersey but that was on 12/14. No change in the last week. Not sure if this is typical or a COVID/holiday induced delay. Pretty good deals but not sure it’s worth the wait.
I agree this round took a while, but my stuff turned up on Saturday. It’ll arrive
Old 12-22-2020, 06:34 AM
aka RAEKWON

I just checked tracking again and super confusing. Does seem like mine is in the US now and waiting to be handed to usps so should probably be here next week.

The prices were very good so I say that if it arrives it is worth it.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:52 AM

Really curious what happened to my three orders then if others are getting theirs......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Really curious what happened to my three orders then if others are getting theirs......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Certainly possible they oversold and the vendor could not deliver?
Old 12-22-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Certainly possible they oversold and the vendor could not deliver?
I heard from their customer service - the shipping company returned everything to them for some reason - no issues with my address, no notices received on my end, just a glitch in the global system.. These things happen I guess and the SportsPursuit folks were nice about it.

Of course everything I ordered is out of stock now. So it goes. Guess I don't get Rapha bundles for xmas this year and will have to hunt down some alternatives to keep me warm through the winter. Sigh. Luck of the draw.