Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2020, 05:56 PM

Assos summer glove fit?

I've bought a pair of Giro and a pair of Endura in the last month, both medium after measuring my palm circumference (8-3/8", 21.3 cm) and they're too small. My current gloves, cheapie Booduns, are large size. Looking at some Assos gloves - do they run true to size? Medium is 22 cm, large is 23 cm, I'm tempted to get large.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:49 AM

I have a pair of Assos summer gloves in size L. My palm circumference at the knuckles is 8 11/16" (22.0 cm). Fit is about spot-on, neither too tight nor excessively roomy. It takes some tugging to remove them after a ride, but they don't feel tight when worn. Their chart may say 22 cm needs a medium but I cannot imagine a size M would fit without constricting my hands. For you at 7mm less, I'd guess the M might tend towards snug but not totally crush you, where a L would probably have some extra room.

FWIW size L also works for me with LG or Specialized or Vermarc gloves. So without regard to any size charts, Assos sizing at least seems consistent with those brands. I don't have any Giro or Endura to compare.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:58 AM

Assos sizing chart has always been an accurate guide for me.