Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
As usual a great read from my favorite blogger on...surprise, another socal saggy sack doper

https://pvcycling.wordpress.com/2018...tar-is-born-2/
Yep that pretty much sums up Masters racing everywhere I have ever lived.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
Short term Pred ingestion has been definitively shown 10-20% performance gains. Pretty sure there's a subset of athletes out there who are very aware of this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17805102/
Thanks for the link; I stand corrected.

Quote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17805102/. CONCLUSION: From these data, short-term Pred intake did seem to significantly improve performance during submaximal exercise, with concomitant alterations in hormonal and metabolic responses. Further studies will be necessary to elucidate the mechanisms of these hormonal and metabolic changes, and to determine whether the changes may be associated with the marked performance improvement obtained.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Randomhead

Quote:
As usual a great read from my favorite blogger on...surprise, another socal saggy sack doper

https://pvcycling.wordpress.com/2018...tar-is-born-2/
I was confused by that post and the post it linked to. Are the man catch two dopers that are overweight? How many overweight cyclists are successful at racing nowadays? Seems like a good indicator of something other than training at play
Old 11-14-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
I was confused by that post and the post it linked to. Are the man catch two dopers that are overweight? How many overweight cyclists are successful at racing nowadays? Seems like a good indicator of something other than training at play
That's a good tell. Here in the Southeast we have a lot of those guys in gravel races and unsanctioned MTB races. Some gravel races you look at the podiums for clydesdales and then compare their results in the overall - it's a joke. Gravel races with 120' climb per mile and top 10 has 3-4 guys over 230 pounds that are just blobs.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM

"..scientific approach to training……….." Good one.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
"Tatty-Poo" Leogrande isn't overweight and is a pretty nice and funny guy in real life. Competition isn't good for some people.

Strickler was beating some really fit and fast people this year and did not 100% look the part.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:48 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
"Tatty-Poo" Leogrande isn't overweight and is a pretty nice and funny guy in real life. Competition isn't good for some people.

Strickler was beating some really fit and fast people this year and did not 100% look the part.
Leogrande is a huge dooshe
busted multiple times, sold the $hit and sued Suzanne Sonja and DeCanio for defamation
He's not a "nice guy". He imploded the team that gave him a second chance.

https://pvcycling.wordpress.com/tag/...grande-doping/
Old 11-14-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Leogrande is a huge dooshe
busted multiple times, sold the $hit and sued Suzanne Sonja and DeCanio for defamation
He's not a "nice guy". He imploded the team that gave him a second chance.

https://pvcycling.wordpress.com/tag/...grande-doping/
I don't disagree with any of that within the context of cycling - he screwed people and burned bridges. In his other life, he openly admits to all of that and seems to be easy to get along with.

That team isn't so innocent, either.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:23 PM

Doping in Masters, as opposed to U23 and even some pro/elite, racing, for me, is an ethical quandary on the level sampling fruit in the produce level. Degenerate scratch golfers cheating at the muni course, 50 year old Venice Beach legends who played one season at a state school taking steroids so they can still dunk and pick up girls, masters racers on T or cortisone...who cares.

But, I don't have kids so it's a moot point. I guess.