Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2017, 02:03 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Grinduro VR90's from the classifieds!

Last edited by kppolich; 06-23-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Got two helmets on sale for my kids, one is a MET and the other is a Bell.. Bell kind'a fits them ok but the Bell I got is a M/L and the fit is like weird, probably should have picked the large because in my head i find him kind'a tight in two places, my kid says is ok... the MET is one of those one size fits all and the helmet just rocks, super nice and not the high end model, just regular do it all with the thingy at the front, my kid likes it...

Now need to find a MET for myself, wish the ones on sale were the ones I like :P
Old 06-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Lanterne rouge

Enve bars and seatpost. Need a stem now.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:51 PM

Chorus EPS upgrade kit!
Old 07-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Chainrings.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-CAMPAGNOL...19.m1438.l2649
Old 07-01-2017, 10:36 PM

Another pair of Panaracer Gravel Kings in 32mm. These will be replacing the 27mm Vittoria Paves and Challenge Parigi-Roubaix I've had. So far, I am pretty happy with the price and ride of the Gravel Kings.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:55 PM

Maglia Rosa by Hampsten

Last year, we were burglarized. We lost all my wife's jewelry and my Look 585. My replacement value insurance policy allowed me an opportunity to replace my 585 with something of equal goodness.
Steve Hampsten built me a really nice steel Strada Bianca a few years ago. When I learned that he was working in carbon, I shot him an email with the Look's geometry and asked if he could marry the 585 geometry with the contact points of my Hampsten. An hour later, I had drawings in my inbox.
Fairwheel Bikes in a Tucson did the build and it was perfect.
The frame is built with Super Record, (except for the crank, which is Record,) Enve stem and seatpost, Fizik Kurve saddle, King headset and Zipp SL88 bars. Wheels are Boyd, 28mm carbon clinchers and the tires are my favorites:25mm Michelin Pro 4 SC
I've only got a hundred miles on the bike, but so far I'm really impressesd with how smoothly the bike rolls over Tucson's crappy pavement. I'm not sure how it can smooth road imperfections better than my steel Hampsten, but my initial impressions are that it does. Super Record does what it's intended to and the Boyd wheels are VERY nice. My only concern is how low the SR brakes sit. I have plenty of tire clearance at the fork, but barely 2mm at the brake. Would the Campy gods rain down flat tires if I switched them for something from Shimano?

I think I'll have many great miles on this bike. Thanks to Steve, Peter Graham who built the frame with obvious care, to Curt Goodrich for the paint, and the crew at a Fairwheel for putting all the pieces together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0215.jpg (50.6 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0216.jpg (72.9 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0217.jpg (59.1 KB, 404 views)
Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 AM

are these the tires you've been looking for?

arrived yesterday....they look like fun.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Paul rack adapters
Kool Stop salmons
Paul blue ano skewers

Finally getting my wife's MAP 650b on the road.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:14 AM

As requested, quick review of the Outershell handlebar bag.

Summary: I really like it.

Been riding with this for the past few weeks on my commute. Love that i can walk out the door with a long sleeve and then take it off during ride and just flip open the top and stuff it in. Just really nice having that extra storage for phone, wallet, keys and whatever else i might need that day.

Also, I'm a shorter rider so I was afraid that other bags would be too big and rub on the tire. I bought a Carradice SQR Super C and while it fits ..it fits *just* so that taking it on an off was actually a PITA. Anyone want a new, never ridden Super C??

Cons
I have my garmin mount sticking out so I kinda have to make it work. Same goes for cabling that might stick out. Also, took a bit to get the bag as I guess he was low on stock. Wait was about a month.. maybe? Small one man op so.. not surprising.

Overall, really enjoying it. Oh and I got the map add on too. Haven't used it yet.. so dunno but seems fine.

Last edited by roguedog; 07-13-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbraun View Post
Last year, we were burglarized. We lost all my wife's jewelry and my Look 585. My replacement value insurance policy allowed me an opportunity to replace my 585 with something of equal goodness.

Steve Hampsten built me a really nice steel Strada Bianca a few years ago. When I learned that he was working in carbon, I shot him an email with the Look's geometry and asked if he could marry the 585 geometry with the contact points of my Hampsten. An hour later, I had drawings in my inbox.

The frame is built with Super Record, (except for the crank, which is Record,) Enve stem and seatpost, Fizik Kurve saddle, King headset and Zipp SL88 bars. Wheels are Boyd, 28mm carbon clinchers and the tires are my favorites:25mm Michelin Pro 4 SC

I've only got a hundred miles on the bike, but so far I'm really impressesd with how smoothly the bike rolls over Tucson's crappy pavement. I'm not sure how it can smooth road imperfections better than my steel Hampsten, but my initial impressions are that it does. Super Record does what it's intended to and the Boyd wheels are VERY nice. My only concern is how low the SR brakes sit. I have plenty of tire clearance at the fork, but barely 2mm at the brake. Would the Campy gods rain down flat tires if I switched them for something from Shimano?

I think I'll have many great miles on this bike. Thanks to Steve, Peter Graham who built the frame with obvious care, to Curt Goodrich for the paint, and the crew at a Fairwheel for putting all the pieces together.

Simply Gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 PM

Just took delivery yesterday of a set of Fulcrum Racing Zero C17 wheels. Bought them used, but the seller said that they only had about 100kms on them, and if I told you that they were brand new, you would believe it.

Really excited to get them on my bike. I can't imagine that they won't be a nice upgrade from my current Ultegra 6800 wheelset.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Soy Un Perdedor

Plane tickets for a mountain bike trip to Colorado Springs in September! I've never been riding there so I look forward to it!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbraun View Post

Bike is awesome.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 PM

New set of clinchers. Dt 460, Sapim spokes, Chorus 10 speed polished up hubs. The darn hubs will definitely outlive me............