Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #916  
Old 05-29-2018, 01:35 PM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sò più de eà che de qua.
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
@cadence90, an article on the guy who ensured proper European football next year for inter. Even features a cameo of Sarri

----------------------------------------------

Also, Weah Jr. scored for the MNT, as did Josh Sargent. Sure, the latter's goal was almost gifted on a platter, but he also made the platter in the first place. That first touch (boot should level to bring down a poor pass from the goalie) is not something one would associate with the MNT.
Nice story, thanks for posting it!

I did see Tim Weah's goal on the highlights; it was good. I hope that he and Sargent both have long, fruitful USMNT careers. When are they naming the new manager?
.
__________________
The most hypocritical excess is excessive moderation.
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 05-29-2018, 06:29 PM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sò più de eà che de qua.
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Hamsik is making noise about wanting out; I don't know if the Ancelotti signing will keep him home or push him further away.
.
@wc1934:
The "effetto Ancelotti" must be pretty positive: both Hamsik and Mertens said today that they want to stay at Napoli and play for him.
.
__________________
The most hypocritical excess is excessive moderation.
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 05-29-2018, 09:26 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
@wc1934 and cadence90

Mario scored on his return. How about that?
Glad to see that - I was upset that Ventura did not include him on the squad. I was rooting for his return. However upon seeing him play I began to get a bit frustrated with his what seemed to be a lack of hustle, or him being tired. That said, his ability to hold the ball and work for his laser shot is exactly what Italy has been lacking.
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 05-29-2018, 09:37 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
@wc1934:
The "effetto Ancelotti" must be pretty positive: both Hamsik and Mertens said today that they want to stay at Napoli and play for him.
.
Not sure what to believe - ADL stated no one get a discount and his release clause is pretty high.
Not sure what is going on with ADL and Sarri/Chelsea either. Chelsea wont pay 8 million buyout so ADL is willing to pay a half a million for Sarri to sit on the sidelines - punishment? For What.

Along the lines of what to believe - Icardi moving to Chelsea to be with Sarri .

Wow - lots of potential movement/changes
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 05-31-2018, 12:21 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
ZZ calls it quits - wonder if dealing with those huge egos (CR and Bales comments after CL) pushed him over the edge.
Reply With Quote
  #921  
Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 PM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sò più de eà che de qua.
Posts: 7,779
It had to be very tiring, considering Perez's ego as well, and ZZ's personality doesn't seem to be exactly the most mediating type. I never really followed RM too much other than in key moments but I never felt that ZZ was truly happy there (or anywhere, really, as a coach/manager?)...but that could be a completely mistaken impression.

I'm certainly not surprised today though.

The merry-go-round continues.

Chelsea...what a....
.
__________________
The most hypocritical excess is excessive moderation.
Reply With Quote
  #922  
Old 05-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Gsinill's Avatar
Gsinill Gsinill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwest suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
It had to be very tiring, considering Perez's ego as well, and ZZ's personality doesn't seem to be exactly the most mediating type. I never really followed RM too much other than in key moments but I never felt that ZZ was truly happy there (or anywhere, really, as a coach/manager?)...but that could be a completely mistaken impression.

I'm certainly not surprised today though.

The merry-go-round continues.

Chelsea...what a....
.
Monsieur Al-Khelaïfi might have a little buyer’s remorse and Herr Tuchel for sure more pressure than he wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #923  
Old 05-31-2018, 02:57 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
It had to be very tiring, considering Perez's ego as well, and ZZ's personality doesn't seem to be exactly the most mediating type. I never really followed RM too much other than in key moments but I never felt that ZZ was truly happy there (or anywhere, really, as a coach/manager?)...but that could be a completely mistaken impression.

I'm certainly not surprised today though.

The merry-go-round continues.

Chelsea...what a....
.
I guess - - Roman A is denied a visa and will reside in Israel - The new stadium is on hold - and their manager is...... etc.etc. - wow!
Reply With Quote
  #924  
Old 05-31-2018, 03:24 PM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sò più de eà che de qua.
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
I guess - - Roman A is denied a visa and will reside in Israel - The new stadium is on hold - and their manager is...... etc.etc. - wow!
The intrigue will be so high this summer.
Is Roman seriously going to be a 3-contract owner?
Sarri to Chelsea...with new + Napoli + Conte contracts?
Sarri to Chelsea...with Icardi from Inter?

Plus:
Bale to Tottenham? Wait, Pochettino to RM?...so, whither Bale? So, whither CR7?
Whither Neymar? Whither Higuain? Whither Conte? Whither Zizou?

Plus:
Etc. Fun times, love it.
.
__________________
The most hypocritical excess is excessive moderation.

Last edited by cadence90; 05-31-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #925  
Old 05-31-2018, 03:44 PM
galgal galgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
The intrigue will be so high this summer.
Is Roman seriously going to be a 3-contract owner?
Sarri to Chelsea...with new + Napoli + Conte contracts?
Sarri to Chelsea...with Icardi from Inter?

Plus:
Bale to Tottenham? Wait, Pochettino to RM?...so, whither Bale? So, whither CR7?
Whither Neymar? Whither Higuain? Whither Conte? Whither Zizou?

Plus:
Etc. Fun times, love it.
.
Zizou will be managing les Bleus in the not so distant future....
Reply With Quote
  #926  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:15 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by galgal View Post
Zizou will be managing les Bleus in the not so distant future....
Interesting - could happen this upcoming season
Reply With Quote
  #927  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Despite the headaches, I like him, so I was happy for him, but wow does ITA have a long way to go....
.
Cadence - You ready for tomorrow's match?
Reply With Quote
  #928  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:30 PM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sò più de eà che de qua.
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by galgal View Post
Zizou will be managing les Bleus in the not so distant future....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Interesting - could happen this upcoming season
I would have thought that too, and I'm sure that Deschamps is sweating a ton, but interestingly the bookmakers have published these odds, for after one season off:

Zidane's next job:
Juventus: 3.75
Paris Saint Germain: 4.00
FRANCE: 6.00
Chelsea: 6.00
Manchester United: 11.00
Bayern Munich: 13.00
Liverpool: 21.00

For Real Madrid, instead, with ZZ gone now:
Pochettino: 2.50
Conte: 3.50
Luis Enrique: 5.00
Guti: 6.00
Sarri: 11.00
Wenger: 16.00
Capello: 16.00
Raul: 26.00


Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Cadence - You ready for tomorrow's match?
Definitely yes. I want to see how ITA play against a stronger team.
Balotelli (muscle pull) is in doubt though.
.
__________________
The most hypocritical excess is excessive moderation.
Reply With Quote
  #929  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM
wc1934 wc1934 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post

Definitely yes. I want to see how ITA play against a stronger team.
Balotelli (muscle pull) is in doubt though.
.
I know - wonder what type of reception Mario will receive in Nice - game is sold out.
Muscle pull might explain why he didnt appear to go all out against SA.
Reply With Quote
  #930  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:43 PM
galgal galgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
I would have thought that too, and I'm sure that Deschamps is sweating a ton, but interestingly the bookmakers have published these odds, for after one season off:

Zidane's next job:
Juventus: 3.75
Paris Saint Germain: 4.00
FRANCE: 6.00
Chelsea: 6.00
Manchester United: 11.00
Bayern Munich: 13.00
Liverpool: 21.00

For Real Madrid, instead, with ZZ gone now:
Pochettino: 2.50
Conte: 3.50
Luis Enrique: 5.00
Guti: 6.00
Sarri: 11.00
Wenger: 16.00
Capello: 16.00
Raul: 26.00



Definitely yes. I want to see how ITA play against a stronger team.
Balotelli (muscle pull) is in doubt though.
.
Predictably, Deschamps was asked several questions in an interview about ZZ as coach of les Bleus. Joked about it, what else could he do, but did say that he thinks ZZ will end up coaching the national team. It seems inevitable really, just a question of when.
And yes, nice to see Balotelli back for ITA. I fondly remember the goals against Ger in the Euro semis
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.