Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2023, 01:16 PM

Is something people are still on the search for?

I have a bunch of the original Serotta titanium fork bolts that have been sitting around for years

Last edited by jonnyBgood; 12-06-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyBgood View Post

I have a bunch of the original Serotta titanium fork bolts that have sitting around for years
Yes. I had a little trouble sourcing one a couple of years ago. They were a bit hard to find at the time. I'd suggest keeping up on ebay listing if you want to sell, as long as it comes up via google search, I'd guess you'll get a constant trickle of customers. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing not.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:48 PM

Very much so. I've had dozens of requests for them over the last couple years and had finally run out of the stash I bought from the factory closure. People tend to put the brake nut back on the brake that comes off the fork/frame not realizing it's a proprietary item very important to that frame/fork (and that brake nuts in general should always stay with the frame given that they come in all different lengths etc).

Also I used to think that they were Ti but now I think they were always stainless steel. They don't touch any part of a Ti frame, only carbon. So it wouldn't make sense for them to be Ti because they are only coming in contact with a steel brake post. Given the galvanic dissimilarity I would think that I would have encountered a lot more rotten brake posts like you see with bottom brackets in Ti frames over time. And I've never seen that on the many hundreds of Serottas I've redone over the years, or seen Ti prep used on that post which would be necessary to prevent it.

If you're looking to get rid of any nuts you have I'd be happy to buy them. I paid a pretty penny for these ones, hence the price. I used to sell em for $10 each when I had hundreds of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyBgood View Post

I have a bunch of the original Serotta titanium fork bolts that have been sitting around for years