Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1156  
Old 09-04-2018, 10:30 AM
soulspinner soulspinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: rochester, ny
Posts: 8,069
Another amazing frame Dave!
__________________
chasing waddy
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old 09-06-2018, 06:13 PM
David Kirk's Avatar
David Kirk David Kirk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 6,945
Stainless Onesto Fillet seat cluster.

dave

Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
Stainless Onesto Fillet seat cluster.

dave

Wow. I should know this, but is that ST lug fillet brazed to the ST and then filed to create that beautiful little line running around it? The precision there is amazing. Functional beauty of the highest order.

I hope one day I get to see one of your frames in person before it's painted. I'm sure it's even more amazing up close and personal. Any plans for NAHBS in Sacramento...like showing off a Onesto Fillet?
__________________
Two fillets n' two tigs.
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old 09-06-2018, 08:35 PM
David Kirk's Avatar
David Kirk David Kirk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Wow. I should know this, but is that ST lug fillet brazed to the ST and then filed to create that beautiful little line running around it? The precision there is amazing. Functional beauty of the highest order.

I hope one day I get to see one of your frames in person before it's painted. I'm sure it's even more amazing up close and personal. Any plans for NAHBS in Sacramento...like showing off a Onesto Fillet?
There is a machined collar that slips into the top of the seat tube and the thin line is the visual seam. Then the top tube is brazed on the front and the binder is brazed on the back and there I go for a ride.

dave
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM
roguedog roguedog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,751
Man. That is beautiful work. I find myself coming back to stare at it. Seems ashame that all your care and details get covered by paint!

Curious. Does stainless ride any diff than "normal" steel?
Reply With Quote
  #1161  
Old 09-07-2018, 07:59 PM
David Kirk's Avatar
David Kirk David Kirk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
Man. That is beautiful work. I find myself coming back to stare at it. Seems ashame that all your care and details get covered by paint!

Curious. Does stainless ride any diff than "normal" steel?
Thank you.....but there is no paint needed. It's done just as you see it.


dave
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:28 AM
alancw3 alancw3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashburn, Va
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
Thank you.....but there is no paint needed. It's done just as you see it.


dave
dave: that is truly a work of bicycle art! i won't paint that frame either.
__________________
ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM
''Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down''
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old 09-09-2018, 08:48 AM
alancw3 alancw3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashburn, Va
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
My newest personal bike - the Onesto Fillet MRB.

dave

dave: i know it is hard to tell from pics but have you gone to a shorter top tube on your bikes? i remember when you used a 61 tt. perhaps tt length is distorted because of oversized head tube.

when you are ready to sell this one and if it is close to a 61 X 61 please let me know.
__________________
ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM
''Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down''

Last edited by alancw3; 09-15-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old 09-21-2018, 10:30 AM
David Kirk's Avatar
David Kirk David Kirk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 6,945
This JK Special is spending a few days in Vermont being built up before it heads to its new home in France.

Dave

Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old 09-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
This JK Special is spending a few days in Vermont being built up before it heads to its new home in France.

Dave

JB knocks it out of the park again - those colors jive quite nicely. Hoping the new owner posts some built pics soon..
__________________
Two fillets n' two tigs.
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 PM
alancw3 alancw3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashburn, Va
Posts: 1,876
dave:looks great! hope you develop a following in france. sure the workmanship on this bike will help get the word out.
__________________
ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM
''Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down''
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 09-23-2018, 10:23 PM
572cv's Avatar
572cv 572cv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
JB knocks it out of the park again - those colors jive quite nicely. Hoping the new owner posts some built pics soon..
Well, the new owner 🙂 got it built in time for a shakedown ride in Vermont. Then pack it up, and headed out. We’re on the jet at YUL, waiting to head out for Bordeaux. Pix will be forthcoming, but so far it handles beautifully and is supremely comfortable, aside from being lovely. I’m so looking forward to the next few weeks. Thanks, Dave
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 09-23-2018, 11:25 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
Well, the new owner got it built in time for a shakedown ride in Vermont. Then pack it up, and headed out. We’re on the jet at YUL, waiting to head out for Bordeaux. Pix will be forthcoming, but so far it handles beautifully and is supremely comfortable, aside from being lovely. I’m so looking forward to the next few weeks. Thanks, Dave
Awesome!

BTW - you should pick up a copy of Higher Calling by Max Leonard.. It's a great read about cyclists' obsession w climbing mountains. And there's Citroen content!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Two fillets n' two tigs.
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:52 AM
Kirk007 Kirk007 is offline
formerly Landshark_98
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 2,809
That is one beautiful, beautiful bike. Chapeau.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
My newest personal bike - the Onesto Fillet MRB.

dave

Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 09-28-2018, 11:23 AM
David Kirk's Avatar
David Kirk David Kirk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bozeman MT
Posts: 6,945
A green JK Special for a tall guy.

dave

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.