Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 12:25 PM
TooSlowToCare

SIDI Shoe Pad Availability

I have a pair of SIDI MTB shoes that are about 4 years old. The best pair of shoes I ever wore!. I bought these not only for the fit but because the sole pads were replaceable. Now that they are worn down I have been searching for replacement pads. The places I checked do not have the ones that match my shoes. Excel Sports has a great selection but none of them match. The SIDI websites shows what they have but none of those match either. The SIDI website says any contact should be with a distributor, in other words they don't have consumer customer support. Here is what the soles look like. The pad position is molded into the sole so the pads need to match the pattern in the sole.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM

I see the difference but for some reason, they call the heart shaped pads "universal." If your shop can't hook up via a distributor, you may have to Dremel. I haven't seen that shape in a few years.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:51 PM

Lots of places in Europe sell them, I have just checked.

I have those shoes and the sole pads are really poor, they wear down very quickly. I have some other Sidis with the red compound pads and they're barely worn, and they've been used far more. If the red compound pads fit, I'd get those (not sure if they do though).