Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
Quick google search:
https://merryjane.com/news/tennessee...al-cbd-edibles

Its worth paying attention.
It’s this type of stuff that’s completely clouding up what we are talking about here.

The CBDs I’m talking about and are readily and legally available in all 50 states come from hemp and contain less than 0.03% THC. Products made from hemp have been legal by Federal Law since the 1950’s - ever wonder about those hemp based soaps and lotions that Walgreens has stocked for years? Legal

CBDs higher than 0.03% THC are legal only in those states that have legalized its use and is not legal under Federal Law.

And for those that are not aware, CBDs are legal under WADA.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:35 PM

Not trying to cloud up your thread - I even offered a friendly suggestion! The legal issue I brought up is something to be considered. Its already out there and not of my making. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 PM

Someone recommended CBD to me but I was given misinformation about it (not legal) and never tried it. I am against pot but might give it another look. Thank you.

I try not to use narcotics to control cervical spine disease related pain. My primary tool is temperature. Cold thermogenesis and also ice directly to the neck. When that does not work, I reach for medicines that seem all too easy to get.....for now.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeftCleats View Post
but the grandstanding state attorney general had the state police pull it off the shelves for awhile, fearing a 'slippery slope' to legalized marijuana (even though it contains essentially no THC). Then they backed off and now the legislature has, or soon will pass, a correction, allowing it to be purchased legally. .
Fearmongering.

Reefer madness.

Its a bunch of garbage.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Not trying to cloud up your thread - I even offered a friendly suggestion! The legal issue I brought up is something to be considered. Its already out there and not of my making. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Please, not shooting the messenger, just correcting. Lots of very well intentioned folks that view CBDs with misguided info - just setting it straight.

Also points out a larger issue for us all... how to find accurate info in the age of info overload mixed in with commercial interests and special interests.

Makes me yearn for the dewy decimal system
Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
They cleared the shelves at some stores in Tennessee. There was no mention of going after consumers.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDollarsign View Post
CBD doesn't get you high...
ah yes, of course.

Well, I do tend to get MY CBDs from natural sources with a bit of good ole THC too. that being said, as a chronic pain sufferer, when that pain is gone, its a high of its own. and its fun to not feel the pain, but thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:36 PM

I am a lawyer, mediator and arbitrator and have handled a number of cannabis industry cases. The patchwork of often conflicting federal and state regulation can get very confusing. This confusion extends to how the FDA and other federal agencies address CBD and cannabis within the scope of their respective jurisdictions. BTW, synthetic CBD is available in some European countries, but it's sale and use in the US is not entirely clear given also confusing FDA guidance on the subject.