Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 03-15-2022, 09:00 AM
il Curmudgeoni

Cino 2022

Cino '22 is a go...the dates are July 8-10, which is earlier than the traditional dates. The idea is to get the ride in before fire season starts.

This year's theme is vintage mountainbikes. You don't have to ride one but they are 'legal'. They aren't required though and naturally vintage road bikes are allowed.

In the words of mountaindave, the organizer:

Quote:
If you haven't heard, this year we are adopting a theme: vintage mountain bikes. There's probably a can of worms waiting to be opened somewhere, but we're generally going with very similar rules (with a few exceptions). I'm just going to spitball some:
  • Pre-1987 (that's probably the can of worms, but at Cino, we consider these more like guidelines... and encourage bribery!)
  • Steel Bikes
  • Lugged
  • Friction shifting
  • Clips or flats (especially beartrap pedals)
  • Thumb shifters (definitely not rancid-fire)
  • Sooooooper long chain stays
  • Rust, scratches, dings, or any such evidence of gnar-shredding
  • Anything that goes Klunk or needs repacking after downhilling or has but a single speed.

Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cino-20...n-294876783397
Old 03-15-2022, 07:02 PM

I just signed up and looking forward to it.

dave
Old 07-13-2022, 04:28 PM

I did the Cino last weekend and it was good clean/dusty fun. The dirt/gravel was in great shape and the weather warm and dry. Saturday afternoon was a bit warm for the last few miles but nothing to complain about.

The current organizer has stepped down from running the event after doing so for the past 4-5 years. Rumor has it that a few other locals are stepping in to take over and that they will use the past organizer David as a guide to what needs doing and when to assure that it's a success.

It's really a fun and epic weekend. The bikes are cool and the rides are hard and long and 'real' and the whole thing just oozes fun.

My old Cino Kirk lasted through another event and it would be mad at me if they held one next year and for some silly reason wasn't there...so if it happens I'll be there with a dusty smile on my face. I hope some Paceliners can join in.

dave
Old 07-13-2022, 05:33 PM
Administrator

that's great guys. i had heard the organizer is stepping down and i surely hope someone with the best intentions takes up the reigns as i had really hoped to do this ride in the near future.

i heard this year's theme was vintage mountain bikes - were there many of them there?
Old 07-14-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
that's great guys. i had heard the organizer is stepping down and i surely hope someone with the best intentions takes up the reigns as i had really hoped to do this ride in the near future.

i heard this year's theme was vintage mountain bikes - were there many of them there?
There were some cool vintage MTB's there....a vintage fillet bike build by Tom Ritchey, a fillet Potts, a wacky new-looking Klein...lots of cool stuff. Most were still riding vintage road bikes and I think they make more sense given the course and surfaces.

Lots of cool bikes and people and almost zero cars. I think I might have seen 3-4 cars in the entire 110 miles of riding.

dave