Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2023, 08:31 PM
mentholated

a skinny tired dropbar road bike, a fatter tire bike for offroad (whether its cx, mtb, whatever your local terrain requires), and a singlespeed are really all anyone needs.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:13 PM

A lightweight road bike, an aero road bike, an endurance road bike, a fendered road bike, a crit bike, an allroad bike, a 700c gravel bike, a 650b gravel bike, a gravel bike with suspension, a rigid mountain bike, a hardtail mountain bike, a full suspension xc bike, a full suspension trail bike, a full suspension enduro bike a full suspension downhill bike, a time trial bike, a track bike, a track time trial bike, a bike polo bike, a commuter bike, a street fixie bike, a randonneuring bike, an e road bike, an e mountain bike, an e commuter bike, a cargo bike, and a unicycle are really all anyone needs.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
A lightweight road bike, an aero road bike, an endurance road bike, a fendered road bike, a crit bike, an allroad bike, a 700c gravel bike, a 650b gravel bike, a gravel bike with suspension, a rigid mountain bike, a hardtail mountain bike, a full suspension xc bike, a full suspension trail bike, a full suspension enduro bike a full suspension downhill bike, a time trial bike, a track bike, a track time trial bike, a bike polo bike, a commuter bike, a street fixie bike, a randonneuring bike, an e road bike, an e mountain bike, an e commuter bike, a cargo bike, and a unicycle are really all anyone needs.
No unicycle? Hater!
Old 10-13-2023, 10:41 PM

My stable is a bit low at the moment but it does have unicycle and some scooters in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
No unicycle? Hater!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7540.jpg (85.9 KB, 244 views)
Old 10-14-2023, 06:28 AM

I do quite a bit of mountain biking these days, so have a few of those, but for the roads here in the Northeast I have my bases covered. Firefly 275 rim brake road bike with some 28s is my road bike that is sufficient if I come across some dirt roads, but intentionally for pavement. My Waterford RS-11 with 30-32s for road riding and possibly mixed surfaces that don't get too sandy or gnarly. My Topstone with 40s for gravel/adventuring around. I have some back ups like a carbon flat bar gravel set up for when I really get bored, but it doesn't get a lot of ride time!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2023, 07:06 AM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Whoa whoa there fella. You left out Loaded Touring bike.
Old 10-14-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Whoa whoa there fella. You left out Loaded Touring bike.
And folding bike for the train
Old 10-16-2023, 01:54 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
No one should take anything i say here seriously
Good thing you left off the "… I'm an idiot" part otherwise @bicycletricycle might have slapped a trademark infringement case on you.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Maine View Post
And folding bike for the train
And vintage bikes for Eroica and the like!

You really need at least two of those, too; one for "road" and showing off at the concours, and one with wider tires and actually riding on the dirt / sterrata sections.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:22 PM

It did occur to me mountain bikes are worse.. they have definitely subdivided mountain bikes further than anything like "gravel" and "Mid gravel".
Old 10-16-2023, 02:44 PM

I don’t have a pure road bike anymore, but would like one that uses 25mm tires and just goes as fast as I can make it go on a smooth road - there’s nothing like it!

I have my Rock Lobster - a multi-use bike that does well on all surfaces. Lastly, a MTB - you choose what you need based on terrain - FS (long or short) or a hardtail, but must have a flat bar and 2.4 tires, and not fully rigid. I rode my old beater Kona rigid this summer on a week of MTBing and while it was fun, the terrain called for a sus fork for sure.

Unless you have some special vintage or one of a kind bike, there is no need for duplication of genres of bikes, IMO. I once owned a Speedvagen, Serotta Legend and a Crunpton all at the same time and hated the person I had become 😅
Old 10-16-2023, 04:00 PM

My 3 bike NE lineup

You all have some beauty bikes and are much better at picture taking than I am.

My fleet:
1. Gravel/road bike. Crux w/2 sets of wheels. Rides perfectly as a road bike, capable well beyond my desires to ride drop bars on singletrack etc.

2. Hardtail MTB. A bit squeezed for use case between bikes 1 and 3, but it's fun for ripping around green and blue trails and when I want to focus more on breathing hard and going fast on the climbs than jumping and screaming wheeee on the descents. Built with leftover parts from an old bike plus a generic frame.

3. All Mountain MTB. Ibis Ripmo AF. It's simply amazing how capable this bike is. Nothing beats it for enduro type of rides, it's great on both flow and tech trails, and it's a stellar park bike. The only real weakness is it kind of stinks to ride on road, so there are places I'll gladly ride the hardtail to that I drive to if I'll ride the Ibis.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:12 AM
Administrator

JUST when I thought I had it all figured out, it occurs to me that I might need a Loose-Gravel bike.

Old 10-20-2023, 10:17 AM
commuter racer

Aren’t you in New Jersey?
Old 10-20-2023, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomaster View Post
Aren’t you in New Jersey?
Right now? Yes.

Tags
angry's bikes, gravel bike