Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 11:02 AM

Best tubeless tanwall 28 road tires

Currently running vittoria corsa 28s and have been happy with them but its time for a new set and I have been wanting to jump to tubeless.

Seems like tanwall tubeless and 28s is a hard combo to come by, any help would be much appreciated.

Looking at GP5000s and the Corsa 2s. Not necessarily set on those two, I just want a fast tire, any others I should look at?
Old 07-28-2021, 01:22 PM

I use the Rene Herse with the light casing. They are smooth and fast.

dave
Old 07-28-2021, 01:34 PM

Hello fellow tanwall tubeless enthusiast! I've only run Schwalbe Pro One TLE tans in a 28 so far, but I've run Veloflex Corsa Evo TLR's in a 25c and Schwalbe Pro One TT LTE's also in a 25c and both also come in a 28.

The Pro One TT is a fast tire but they're incredibly weak and sealant doesn't seem to fix anything. The Veloflex's seem (knock on wood) to be way more robust than the Pro One TT and feel similarly fast. The Veloflex's setup waaaaay easier than Schwalbes which are an exercise in futility if they're cold and the wind isn't blowing the right way.

The regular Schwalbe Pro One LTE's feel like a decent all-around tire, similar to GP5k's but not as quick rolling.

I'm not sure if the tanwall GP5k is tubeless although I'm unable to verify on this at the moment, so double check on those.

In every tire I've setup in the past year I've had to refill the sealant 1x after initial setup. Before the refill, I usually have one wheel that won't hold pressure beyond a day or so using Orange Seal. But after a re-up everything has held great.

I hope this helps you in your search.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawbs View Post
Hello fellow tanwall tubeless enthusiast! I've only run Schwalbe Pro One TLE tans in a 28 so far, but I've run Veloflex Corsa Evo TLR's in a 25c and Schwalbe Pro One TT LTE's also in a 25c and both also come in a 28.

The Pro One TT is a fast tire but they're incredibly weak and sealant doesn't seem to fix anything. The Veloflex's seem (knock on wood) to be way more robust than the Pro One TT and feel similarly fast. The Veloflex's setup waaaaay easier than Schwalbes which are an exercise in futility if they're cold and the wind isn't blowing the right way.

The regular Schwalbe Pro One LTE's feel like a decent all-around tire, similar to GP5k's but not as quick rolling.

I'm not sure if the tanwall GP5k is tubeless although I'm unable to verify on this at the moment, so double check on those.

In every tire I've setup in the past year I've had to refill the sealant 1x after initial setup. Before the refill, I usually have one wheel that won't hold pressure beyond a day or so using Orange Seal. But after a re-up everything has held great.

I hope this helps you in your search.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-29-2021, 11:34 AM

I’ve been using the Schwalbe One tubeless tan wall 28c this year so far …they’ve been good. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 AM
cnighbor2

Latest Bicycle Quarterly just tested a lot of tires

07/29/2021
Read its report
Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytramey View Post
Currently running vittoria corsa 28s and have been happy with them but its time for a new set and I have been wanting to jump to tubeless.

Seems like tanwall tubeless and 28s is a hard combo to come by, any help would be much appreciated.

Looking at GP5000s and the Corsa 2s. Not necessarily set on those two, I just want a fast tire, any others I should look at?
Old 07-29-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnighbor1 View Post
07/29/2021
Read its report
Charles
Looks like it's behind a paywall, though their menu seems suspicious with an entire subsection devoted to Rene Herse tires?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BQ_R Herse.jpg (32.0 KB, 71 views)