Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcoupe View Post
We listed at the high end but not ridiculous. House needs some exterior trim scrap and paint, but nothing else. Siding is good. Everything inside updated and clean.

Listed just before the 4th, vacation time. Took 9 days to sell. Never had an open house, but steady stream of scheduled showings. Nobody complained about the price. Everyone said it showed great. Many weren't pleased with the layout (one of the first floor bedrooms(office) has exterior access). Small kitchen and walk through to 2nd bedroom upstairs. It's a cape.

Buyers had an inspection, but waived our having to make repairs if anything was found. Also waived appraisal.

Offer was just under asking, but 1/2 of buyers party is a realtor and is not taking their cut of the sale. So, a little above asking considering a normal sale.

Sounded like we might have had some traffic and potential offers at the end, but we were good with their offer.

One of the buyers party grew up in the neighborhood and parents live close. We were happy to hand it off to someone that knew and appreciated the neighborhood. We are at the corner of a historic district. Kind of a funky one, as not all the homes are very old. Ours is/was 1941.

Zillow listing if you're curious. Asked the photographer if I should move the bikes. He said no, but might be known as the bike house. Much better than a "doll house" he shot a while back. Half the bikes are already in Maryland. Rest are moving this weekend.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...34017524_zpid/
That's a very cool house and property, thx for sharing !

Man what a sweet bike room set up, we don't get that kind of added room here in San Diego.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I'm really going to miss this basement! The new house has a secure and heated garage, but doesn't add up to the walkout basement I'm used to. Wife won't have bikes in living space. Can't blame her, so downsized and garage it is. Sold ~10 frames and parts this year.

New house doesn't have near the character, but large lovely lot. Water front with a pool and mature trees. At 55, first big move for me. It'll be good.
Sounds great, Where is the new house if I may ask ?

Old 07-28-2021, 11:03 PM

Greg LeMond's house in Medina, Minnesota is still for sale, at an asking price of $3,850,000: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M77168-20253. It had been listed for a long time at $4,985,000.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:31 PM

Nice! Is that a picture of Lance in the game room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
Greg LeMond's house in Medina, Minnesota is still for sale, at an asking price of $3,850,000: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M77168-20253. It had been listed for a long time at $4,985,000.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
Nice! Is that a picture of Lance in the game room?

On a dart board maybe?
Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
Sounds great, Where is the new house if I may ask ?

Very small town, Eastern Shore of Maryland. A change of pace for sure.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I'm really going to miss this basement! The new house has a secure and heated garage, but doesn't add up to the walkout basement I'm used to. Wife won't have bikes in living space. Can't blame her, so downsized and garage it is. Sold ~10 frames and parts this year.

New house doesn't have near the character, but large lovely lot. Water front with a pool and mature trees. At 55, first big move for me. It'll be good.
Holy cow, I could LIVE in that basement. Very nice home. I don't use the word pretty that often but that's a very pretty property all around. Ok now I need to go spit or scratch something.

Good luck on the move !!
Old 07-29-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Wife won't have bikes in living space. Can't blame her, so downsized...
It's for the best. You will miss her, though...

Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 07-29-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
House needs some exterior trim scrap and paint, but nothing else. Siding is good. Everything inside updated and clean.

We are at the corner of a historic district. Kind of a funky one, as not all the homes are very old. Ours is/was 1941.
You were in that house quite a while...it's beautifully done and decorated. I'm a big fan of oak, my favorite wood to work with...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 07-29-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Sold in a week full price, but had a contingency. They had a contract already on theirs so we weren’t worried, but then the buyer of theirs demanded mucho $ in repairs so the deal fell thru, hence our deal fell thru.

Listed again and sold again after one week. Over asking with an escalation clause and no contingency.

Inspections are next week and fingers crossed we are set to close on the 23rd of aug
That is why you always have to review the other contract and talk to the lender for the buyer of their house, if there is one. Just being under contract is not enough. During inspection time is always a big risk.

Jeff
Old 07-29-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Zillow listing if you're curious. Asked the photographer if I should move the bikes. He said no, but might be known as the bike house. Much better than a "doll house" he shot a while back. Half the bikes are already in Maryland. Rest are moving this weekend.

What a sweet and beautiful little place. I love it! That would be about $350K-$400K more in Austin.

Congratulations to the new owners!

Texbike
Old 07-29-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Holy cow, I could LIVE in that basement. Very nice home. I don't use the word pretty that often but that's a very pretty property all around. Ok now I need to go spit or scratch something.

Good luck on the move !!
Pretty cool of you to say, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
It's for the best. You will miss her, though...

Yeah... that ain't happening. I got lucky, and for some stupid reason she feels the same about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
You were in that house quite a while...it's beautifully done and decorated. I'm a big fan of oak, my favorite wood to work with...
You're not helping here... damn I'm going to miss this place. Still worth it and comfortable with the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbike View Post
What a sweet and beautiful little place. I love it! That would be about $350K-$400K more in Austin.

Congratulations to the new owners!

Texbike
Thanks! And where my sister lives, Amarillo, TX, it'd be about $150K-$200K total! She thought we were nuts when we bought it. It's all relative.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:42 AM

Labor of love, that basement.

Awesome stuff.

Funny thing is when sold my last house, I demanded the listing agent show basement pics and garage pics, to much objection from the agents.

Like yours, mine was a labor of love also. Major sweat equity.

EVERY. SINGLE. GUY...who came to see it (as 1/2 of a couple) said that's what mainly sold 'em.

The wives could have cared less....

No joke, had one wife who came up with some b'**** excuse as to what she didn't like about the house in general. The guy was miffed. I looked at him and laughed, shook hands and said sorry pal and good luck in life.

Quote:
We listed at the high end but not ridiculous. House needs some exterior trim scrap and paint, but nothing else. Siding is good. Everything inside updated and clean.

Listed just before the 4th, vacation time. Took 9 days to sell. Never had an open house, but steady stream of scheduled showings. Nobody complained about the price. Everyone said it showed great. Many weren't pleased with the layout (one of the first floor bedrooms(office) has exterior access). Small kitchen and walk through to 2nd bedroom upstairs. It's a cape.

Buyers had an inspection, but waived our having to make repairs if anything was found. Also waived appraisal.

Offer was just under asking, but 1/2 of buyers party is a realtor and is not taking their cut of the sale. So, a little above asking considering a normal sale.

Sounded like we might have had some traffic and potential offers at the end, but we were good with their offer.

One of the buyers party grew up in the neighborhood and parents live close. We were happy to hand it off to someone that knew and appreciated the neighborhood. We are at the corner of a historic district. Kind of a funky one, as not all the homes are very old. Ours is/was 1941.

Last edited by 54ny77; 07-30-2021 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:04 PM

Well our second buyer flaked. Not sure reason why. Contracts signed, appraisal set for Monday, financing was all good. Then we had a last minute request to take her name off, we did that and then cancelled.

Second time we have had to relist. Second time we have had to deny showings because it was under contract.

So frustrated.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Well our second buyer flaked. Not sure reason why. Contracts signed, appraisal set for Monday, financing was all good. Then we had a last minute request to take her name off, we did that and then cancelled.

Second time we have had to relist. Second time we have had to deny showings because it was under contract.

So frustrated.
That sucks, sorry to hear. Sounds like maybe some internal problems between the buyers. Must have been bad enough to lose their earnest money. At least the market is insane so despite the aggravation, should get another good (or better???) offer in short order.

Something similar but on the opposite side of the table happened to my folks when I was a kid. They were preparing to close on a house when one of the sellers refused to sign. Sellers marriage was on the rocks, apparently some things were said, things were done, etc. and things came to a head just before the sale. The husband decided at the table to refuse to sign. Unclear what the angle was but any way you cut it, the deal was over. The house we were in at the time was already sold so my folks had about a week to find a place before we were moving in with the grandparents. This was back in the early 90's, so a bit of a tall order compared to today.

Hope the next round goes smooth for you.