Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 08:14 PM

The only reason he does good on race day is that he is racing cars way slower than him because of his terrible quali

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
I think Kimi will retire at the end of the year. This is just painful for him. Unless he needs the money.

It is funny to see Hamilton asked on radio whether Red Bull lowered their tire pressure.

I actually like Albon and he does need to get better at qualifying. He does well on race days and certainly not afraid to "race." But certainly Verstappen is a few tiers higher than him in terms of experience and skills.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoker View Post
Verstappen a tire whisperer according to some press.
Again Verstappen deserves little credit certainly wasn't his decision to start on the harder tire. Sure, he is the face of the team but certainly not the brains, strategy, insight, or tech it takes to win.

Verstappen won on the teams strategist educated gamble on race day air and track temperatures.

Last edited by m_sasso; 08-11-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:59 PM

Am I mistaken, or was Mercedes not more prone to blistering regardless of compound? I didn't see the race but from what I read, Max had no tire issues and maintained a steady pace. In Indycar we have seen teams get the setup wrong and blister tires when other teams didn't, this while running essentially the same car as the others.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
Am I mistaken, or was Mercedes not more prone to blistering regardless of compound?
When track temps are elevated, yes. Same as last year. The Mercs appear to suffer more with higher tire pressures as well.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Again Verstappen deserves little credit certainly wasn't his decision to start on the harder tire. Sure, he is the face of the team but certainly not the brains, strategy, insight, or tech it takes to win.

Verstappen won on the teams strategist educated gamble on race day air and track temperatures.
I think u are selling him short. He may not have been the mastermind behind it but he made it possible looking after those tires. U win some u loose some. The weekend prior to that his team made him come in 2nd instead of first because of an attempt to get the fastest lap. A race he would have won if not for that.

i think he is very good at maximising his chances in a car that is not really as good as he makes it look tbh.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:52 PM

Man, boring race today. Feel bad for Vettel. This is just making an ugly divorce already uglier.