Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2021, 03:21 PM

Stainless steel water bottle that fits King Ti cage?

A while back I bought an Agave Finishworks King Ti rainbow fade cage to match the anodized Pillar spokes on the wheels on my Firefly. I didn't think ahead to realize that, unlike the King Iris cage, their regular cage profile, with the upper loop that curves inwards, doesn't fit my preferred 27 oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle, which doesn't have a 'waist' for the loop to fit into.

Who makes a simple stainless steel water bottle of similar capacity that fits a standard King cage?

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2021, 04:37 PM

Wow, talk about 1st world problems!

The Bivo stainless steel bottle was recently introduced with a lot of fanfare due to its unique flow valve that allows the water to flow out quickly when inverted, even though you can't squeeze it. Here's a CyclingTips review on it.

In addition to raw stainless steel, the bottle and caps are available in a variety of pastel shades.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
A while back I bought an Agave Finishworks King Ti rainbow fade cage to match the anodized Pillar spokes on the wheels on my Firefly. I didn't think ahead to realize that, unlike the King Iris cage, their regular cage profile, with the upper loop that curves inwards, doesn't fit my preferred 27 oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle, which doesn't have a 'waist' for the loop to fit into.

Who makes a simple stainless steel water bottle of similar capacity that fits a standard King cage?

Thanks!
27oz plastic water bottles that fit cages are tough to come by, I can’t imagine a metal one existing anywhere

Probably closest is this but it’s only 20oz

https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Vacuum.../dp/B073F1S37S

But yes, those wheels deserve all the matching bling you can give em - they deserve a loving home!
Old 06-12-2021, 05:11 PM

Totally 1st world! Thanks for the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post

The Bivo stainless steel bottle was recently introduced with a lot of fanfare due to its unique flow valve that allows the water to flow out quickly when inverted, even though you can't squeeze it. Here's a CyclingTips review on it.

In addition to raw stainless steel, the bottle and caps are available in a variety of pastel shades.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:15 PM

They found a loving home and a great bike to be mounted on

Big plastic bottles aren't hard to find but metal are scarce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
27oz plastic water bottles that fit cages are tough to come by, I can’t imagine a metal one existing anywhere

Probably closest is this but it’s only 20oz

https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Vacuum.../dp/B073F1S37S

But yes, those wheels deserve all the matching bling you can give em - they deserve a loving home!
Old 06-12-2021, 08:00 PM

I own a bivo. It’s great works as advertised. Fit great into a KC cage. I would recommend buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post

Old 06-12-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
They're not stainless, but Sigg makes nice Alu water bottles for cages.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:50 PM

I will report after father's day. I understand I can be expecting the bivo as a gift.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:23 PM
aka RAEKWON

so this bivo bottle looks cool sure but what is the point?

I would love a metal bottle so that water stays cold or hot for longer. Double walled, ect... It would be great for summer or winter. But if this bottle does not really keep things colder, volume you can carry is pretty small and probably weights more than a plastic bottle? is it a just for looks thing?
Old 06-13-2021, 07:21 AM

I might just be behind the times but I think of stainless steel as the most inert material to hold a drink. I have an older Sigg aluminum bottle but those are lined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
so this bivo bottle looks cool sure but what is the point?

I would love a metal bottle so that water stays cold or hot for longer. Double walled, ect... It would be great for summer or winter. But if this bottle does not really keep things colder, volume you can carry is pretty small and probably weights more than a plastic bottle? is it a just for looks thing?
Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 AM

I emailed Bivo to learn if they are coming out with a larger version, will report back if They respond. Looks like a clever product, and unlike my Kleen Kanteen, is supposed to be leaktight in a pack.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:57 PM
aka RAEKWON

yeah I think would be awesome if it was bigger. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and I would totally get one if they did keep the drink colder for longer and were bigger.

I don't know much about the subject but I thought stainless steel or alum bottles kept drinks colder because they were double walled but I could be wrong. I also don't see on the Bivo website anything about how long they will keep a drink cold or warm.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I don't know much about the subject but I thought stainless steel or alum bottles kept drinks colder because they were double walled but I could be wrong. I also don't see on the Bivo website anything about how long they will keep a drink cold or warm.
There are stainless steel Thermos-style vacuum bottles (to keep drinks hot or cold), but there's no technical reason that metal bottles have to be double walled, and most are not.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:30 PM

From Bivo today:

"We totally hear you on the larger capacity bottle that fits a bike cage! This is something we do indeed have in the works. At the moment, I cannot share any launch details as it is still being developed at this time but you can rest assured it is something we will address soon. "

Quote:
I emailed Bivo to learn if they are coming out with a larger version, will report back if They respond. Looks like a clever product, and unlike my Kleen Kanteen, is supposed to be leaktight in a pack.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
From Bivo today:

"We totally hear you on the larger capacity bottle that fits a bike cage! This is something we do indeed have in the works. At the moment, I cannot share any launch details as it is still being developed at this time but you can rest assured it is something we will address soon. "
You forgot to ask if they would be anodized to match your spokes (you know, 1st world problems and all)!