Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-15-2021, 01:05 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
My pleasure. Please let me know how you like. Constructive and critique.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-25-2021, 02:41 PM
2000m2 2000m2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 320
I got one short ride in with the new kit and could tell it was high quality when I opened up the packaging. Very comfortable chamois and the jersey felt great. I wear a medium in almost everything. I've noticed my Medium Assos kit feels a little snug, so I ordered a Large here and very happy with that decision. And no, I haven't gained weight during covid pandemic lockdown, actually lost like 10 lbs, haha. I'll get out for a longer ride tomorrow.

EDIT: for a sizing reference, I'm 5'11" and ~160 lbs (turn out I've lost 15 lbs)...

Last edited by 2000m2; 06-25-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-27-2021, 03:57 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000m2 View Post
I got one short ride in with the new kit and could tell it was high quality when I opened up the packaging. Very comfortable chamois and the jersey felt great. I wear a medium in almost everything. I've noticed my Medium Assos kit feels a little snug, so I ordered a Large here and very happy with that decision. And no, I haven't gained weight during covid pandemic lockdown, actually lost like 10 lbs, haha. I'll get out for a longer ride tomorrow.

Glad to hear. Looking forward to your impressions on a longer ride.

Agree in the sizing up. The new Graphene/Boron kit is compressive as well. Definitely size up. Those with large thighs as myself, size up by 2.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-07-2021, 04:25 PM
2000m2 2000m2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteVelo View Post
Glad to hear. Looking forward to your impressions on a longer ride.

Agree in the sizing up. The new Graphene/Boron kit is compressive as well. Definitely size up. Those with large thighs as myself, size up by 2.
After a few more rides and a couple of washings, I'd say my first impressions still hold true. Very high quality gear and the jersey's are exquisite (one "carbon" and one "ceramic"). The bibs I would place above my Pactimo 12-hour bibs and perhaps just under the comfort of my Assos T Equipe Evo Blackseries. Still happy I went with the Large. Hope that helps anyone interested or on the fence.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-08-2021, 12:32 PM
CNY rider CNY rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hartwick NY
Posts: 4,643
My review

I ordered two jerseys and a set of bibs.
I've now had a chance to wear them a couple of times.

The bibs: Very positive. Well made, with high quality chamois. I'm 5'6" 150 and they fit me perfectly in a medium. They are on a par for comfort with my Rapha Classics and Giordanas which are my two favorite bibs. If they are durable they will be right up there with the best, and at a very attractive price.

The jerseys: Very positive with one minor caveat.
They are very sharp looking, with quality materials and they also fit me well in medium.
Note if you are any bigger than I am, you would want to go up to a large. I wear small in the looser fits/brands and medium in most of the European brands.
The zipper is uncomfortable for me, especially off the bike. It rests on my sternal notch (just above your breastbone) where the skin is sensitive. The metal zipper and the surrounding fabric are scratchy. There is no backing on the zipper or little pouch of fabric that covers the back of the zipper like some of my other jerseys have. When I am in cycling position, or if I take the zipper down an inch it's better.
Maybe that's something to improve on future production runs but it's a minor complaint and for other people may not even be an issue.

With the pace line discount code these were a great deal.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-08-2021, 03:32 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
Very appreciative of the feedback, and of course happy to help with a discount.

We all know the plethora of kits to choose from, and the feedback is what I'm looking for so that I may recommend moving forward.

The Fall/Winter kits have the aforementioned(attached), and are my favorite, but perhaps we can incorporate the design in the Summer kits to avoid zipper discomfort.

For whatever reason, the new norm is to make kits so sleamline without a collar. I personally like a collar, but Vardena's objective is to push limits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C81F976-846D-40A1-B251-D1B952CC4701_1_201_a.jpg (147.8 KB, 157 views)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-09-2021, 05:13 AM
CNY rider CNY rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hartwick NY
Posts: 4,643
The little red fabric pouch or a slimmed down summer version at the top of that zipper is exactly what is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-09-2021, 07:25 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider View Post
The little red fabric pouch or a slimmed down summer version at the top of that zipper is exactly what is needed.
Appreciate the feedback! Noted, and will forward.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Pastashop Pastashop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,363
Was just thinking I could use a new bib and jersey... Placed an order for the bibs.

Wanted to order the jersey, too, but the zipper issue bugged me in the past with another jersey, so I passed on that.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-21-2021, 05:26 AM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
Thanks to everyone for the comments and orders!

All suggestions were brought to Vardena's attention for future developments.

For those who may have not seen or missed the discount code in earlier posts, when you visit www.vardena.it simply use the coupon code EVS21 at checkout for 40% off list pricing for all sizes XS to XXL.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-23-2021, 10:15 PM
Pastashop Pastashop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,363
Thanks! Used the code. Ordered the bibs and received about a week later. 170#, 6’, size L seems to fit well. Will report after a ride in hot weather — as soon as hot weather comes back…
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-03-2021, 04:00 PM
djdj djdj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 504
Thank you for the code! I ordered a red carbon ceramic jersey and it arrived in 3 business days from Italy to Maryland. Total delivered price was 85 euros.

Here are my comments. The jersey seems very well made. It is very lightweight, has 3 deep rear pockets and a small exterior zipper pocket that would hold an iPhone 7 (or maybe larger), trash, etc. The zipper works great with one hand. I do not find the zipper to be uncomfortable on my torso, even when wearing no base layer.

Sizing is definitely on the small side. I'm 5'6.5 and 152 pounds, 38" chest, average build. Based on the size chart and other info here, I should be right in the middle of Medium sizing, but the fit in size M is very, um, aero. When I first took it out of the package (it comes in a snazzy cloth bag), I thought it must be made for my 110 lb daughter.

But the fabric is very stretchy, and the jersey is just big enough for me without making me look like a stuffed sausage. The length is good, and the jersey has an elastic hem around the entire bottom edge. The sleeve ends also are elastic and are definitely made for those with smaller arms as they are very, very snug, even on my rather wimpy arms. This is my first "aero" jersey, and I sort of wish I'd ordered the Large though I've never ordered a Large in any other jersey.

In sum, with the code, this is a great deal on a quality piece of kit (thank you EliteVelo), but I recommend listening to others who have recommended sizing up.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-04-2021, 12:46 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdj View Post
Thank you for the code! I ordered a red carbon ceramic jersey and it arrived in 3 business days from Italy to Maryland. Total delivered price was 85 euros.

Here are my comments. The jersey seems very well made. It is very lightweight, has 3 deep rear pockets and a small exterior zipper pocket that would hold an iPhone 7 (or maybe larger), trash, etc. The zipper works great with one hand. I do not find the zipper to be uncomfortable on my torso, even when wearing no base layer.

Sizing is definitely on the small side. I'm 5'6.5 and 152 pounds, 38" chest, average build. Based on the size chart and other info here, I should be right in the middle of Medium sizing, but the fit in size M is very, um, aero. When I first took it out of the package (it comes in a snazzy cloth bag), I thought it must be made for my 110 lb daughter.

But the fabric is very stretchy, and the jersey is just big enough for me without making me look like a stuffed sausage. The length is good, and the jersey has an elastic hem around the entire bottom edge. The sleeve ends also are elastic and are definitely made for those with smaller arms as they are very, very snug, even on my rather wimpy arms. This is my first "aero" jersey, and I sort of wish I'd ordered the Large though I've never ordered a Large in any other jersey.

In sum, with the code, this is a great deal on a quality piece of kit (thank you EliteVelo), but I recommend listening to others who have recommended sizing up.
Thank you for the feedback, and my pleasure!

I agree with sizing up moving forward, as Vardena's clothing is extremely compressive. This is their motive.

I would recommend sizing up 1 size for the carbon ceramic. Regarding their new line of BoronGraphene.... once they have it on their site, my recommendation is sizing up 1 size on the jersey and 2 sizes up on the bibs for those with larger thighs.

As always, feel free to hit me up with an email or PM with any questions.

Those interested in an idea via graphics of their own, or have a club interested, the sky is the limit with Vardena. All we need is a logo in vector format and we can make you whatever you need.

While I love the Summer kits, their Fall/Winter kits are my favorite, especially the sleeveless Gilet as a base layer, and the Artic Winter Jacket.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Pastashop Pastashop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,363
First ride in the bibs in 70-85 degree range and high humidity throughout. They more or less “disappeared” from my mind during the ride. Great ventilation, good padding, etc. I’m 6’, 33” pant inseam / 89cm PBH, 170 lbs, and the straps felt just a hair short when standing, but weren’t an issue when riding. Still, the advice above seems sound — size up a bit from what you might be used to with US-based apparel?..
Anyhow, I’m impressed and am considering getting a full kit, although my preference would be for a much “calmer” aesthetic, if there would be such a choice in these.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-09-2021, 08:56 PM
alaprade alaprade is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
Sizing

Do those who purchased the bib feel this chart is accurate?

Height in cm, weight in kg
- 165cm x 65kgs: S Jersey, S Bibs.*
- 170cm x 78/80kgs: L Jersey, L Bibs.
- 175cm x 65ks: M Jersey; M bibs.
- 174cm x 67kgs: M Jersey; M Bibs.*
- 170cm x 60kgs: M Jersey; M Bibs.**
- 1.77cm x 69kg: L Jersey; M Bibs.*
- 183cm x 86kgs: XXL Jersey, XL Bibs
- 188cm x 93kgs: XXL Jersey, XXL Bibs.*

I'm 174cm, 65kg, 79cm waist, 94cm hips. I wear a medium in Etxe Ondo and Q36.5. Frederico at Vardena also recommended medium.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.