Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2020, 04:24 PM

Campagnolo Super Record 12-spd brakes vs. EEBrakes

Thinking to get a set of brakes to go with a Campy SR 11-spd group (post 2015) for wider rim/tires (25-28mm rim and 27-28mm measured tires), does the newer 12-spd version work well with the 11-spd group? If not, what about EEBrakes (Gen 4)? Besides the lightweight factor, how's its braking power and reliability?
Old 09-07-2020, 04:38 PM

EEs are the best brakes around imo. Work great with campy levers.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:44 PM

I am using EE brakes with SR11. No issues and they look great.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:50 PM

Best brakes I've ever used.....till I used Dura-Ace brakes on a new build.

That said, since it's going on a Campy gruppo, you can't go wrong with EE. Far better than Skeletons..
Old 09-07-2020, 07:58 PM

ee vs cmapagnolo 12 speed brakes

I've used both, ee have better stopping power and modulation. I'm a huge campagnolo fan but the 12 brakes remind me of a fsa product, they lack the finesse that campagnolo is known for.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Administrator

the weight is an attractive feature, but i disagree that when properly set up EE brakes are any better than campy brakes from a functional standpoint.

personally speaking, i would take super record brakes over EE every single day and twice on sunday.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:14 PM

I've used EE and all the other top brakes (Campy, DA, SRAM). I can't personally tell a big difference, if any difference, in braking performance or modulation in my subjective opinion. They're on par with all the top brands. I think they're great if you are really drawn to the weight and don't mind the PITA cleaning (dirt really gets trapped in all the crevices). Barring that, I typically stick with other top brands unless I'm doing a WW build.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple View Post
I've used EE and all the other top brakes (Campy, DA, SRAM). I can't personally tell a big difference, if any difference, in braking performance or modulation in my subjective opinion. They're on par with all the top brands. I think they're great if you are really drawn to the weight and don't mind the PITA cleaning (dirt really gets trapped in all the crevices). Barring that, I typically stick with other top brands unless I'm doing a WW build.
How important is cleaning to EE's functioning/performance? Hope to set it up properly once and forget it, instead of constant fiddling/fine-tuning.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:56 PM

Oh I didn't mean to imply cleaning was required, but I definitely try to keep my bike looking clean and great. Dust gets in the skeleton of the EE brakes really easily and cakes in, so it makes cleaning a pain. I've used at least tow generations of EEs, same experience. This doesn't affect performance at all though, it just looks like you don't clean your bike if you don't, in my opinion. I've never had a single issue with EE performance or it staying setup once installed and adjusted initially.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:01 PM

I'll let you know in October. My upcoming Bishop will have direct mount eebrakes.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan View Post
How important is cleaning to EE's functioning/performance? Hope to set it up properly once and forget it, instead of constant fiddling/fine-tuning.
None. They're great brakes.