Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 AM

Official Campagnolo presentation bike frame on eBay, is this real?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Italian-Sar...s/303069259040

How does someone in South Korea get his hands on soemthing like this? If this is real it can worth a lot to a certain people. Seems no one is interested in it atm, maybe people just aren't looking for them?
Old 02-21-2019, 08:25 AM

Maybe a press bike paint job from the H11 release or something doesn't really add anything to the value. Especially considering it isn't really a flashy or interesting colour combo. Price is about on point for a used Sarto frame. Good for Campy for using a proper frame when they could've sprayed up a CAAD10 or something.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:25 AM

That seller had a pair of boras auctioned at a good price a couple weeks ago. They suddenly disappeared and he never answered when I contacted him. Seems like he cancels auctions if the price doesn't get bid up.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
How does someone in South Korea get [their] hands on soemthing like this?
By being rich and buying it, I'd imagine.

Why do you think being South Korean would exclude someone from owning something you desire?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:37 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Italian-Sar...s/303069259040

How does someone in South Korea get his hands on soemthing like this? If this is real it can worth a lot to a certain people. Seems no one is interested in it atm, maybe people just aren't looking for them?
Might be surprised..Asians, Japan and South Korea, HUGE fans of things Campagnolo, European..much more so than the Europeans and certainly the Americans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3972.JPG (29.7 KB, 301 views)
Old 02-21-2019, 10:03 AM

There was a discussion of these Campagnolo/Sarto bikes here, I just can't find the thread. Someone in San Diego was selling them right after Interbike, iirc, maybe the Campagnolo NA office?

Anyway, one may have ended up in S. Korea. As others have chimed in, I can can confirm South Koreans are bike crazy and purchase bikes as a status and luxury good. You may not know it because most don't know English and are very reserved/polite, so they don't tend to make their way into the Anglo-centric online bike forum world.

This seller may just be a distributor trying to rid himself of old stock.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:44 PM

We sell of our old Campag demo bikes, as do the shops once they have run with it for a year or so.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:19 PM
PezTech

Not a surprise. Sarto made a lot of these. Campagnolo showed the groups on them and also did their product Launch (disc 11 launch), so the media rode them.

The story is here: https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/techn...d-theyre-good/

I have a custom version of the Launch bikes from the next round...

I'm actually selling the Veneto pictured Medium/54... Built full Potenza, no wheels for 2k. (havent listed it yet) PM me if interested.

https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/techn...r-stock-price/
Old 02-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Barely Hanging On

My recollection may be off, but the color of the bikes on eBay is different from Campagnolo North America had. These ones are a pretty good deal if they fit you. I know nothing about the seller, but this seems legit to me. Also, FWIW, I drank the Sarto Kool Aid that Charles served when he had an Energia disc and have been pretty happy with them and will likely get another at the later of me getting rid of things I need to sell and the new Shimano group being available at a "reasonable" price.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Might be surprised..Asians, Japan and South Korea, HUGE fans of things Campagnolo, European..much more so than the Europeans and certainly the Americans.
Yup, there is an eBay seller, bigbike66, in Asia (sometimes listed as Bangkok, somtimes HK) who always has several Sarto frames for sale (along with some other Italian bike items like Astute saddles and Vittoria shoes). Seems to have an okay rating.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemoryl View Post
Yup, there is an eBay seller, bigbike66, in Asia (sometimes listed as Bangkok, somtimes HK) who always has several Sarto frames for sale (along with some other Italian bike items like Astute saddles and Vittoria shoes). Seems to have an okay rating.
It's a bike shop with locations in both places. The eBay sales are now handled through separate emails from the shop itself.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 PM

Official Campagnolo presentation bike frame on eBay, is this real?

Last year at one of the local shops here (Green Lizard), a guy from Campagnolo (HQ, Italy) brought at least one like that. It was a sweet build. We talked for a bit; he said it was a Sarto frameset. It was avail for test riding, etc.

I could see them selling these after some time to build and show off new setups.

I am pretty sure it’s legit.

Last edited by nobuseri; 02-21-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:25 PM

Looks like a regular production frame... buy a sarto, put the decals and the right color and there you have a show bike :P

Korean guy is asking too much IMO... maybe for an asian buyer but here at least I doubt it.