Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Registered (ab)User

Well, I certainly didn't expect the Heat to win Game 6...but I did expect them to show up.

Pretty amazing that a team that got shut down so decisively tonight was able to practically waltz through the Eastern Conference. I mean, yeah, it's the Eastern Conference, but still...

Glad to see Rajon Rondo add to his ring collection.
Kinda pissed that J.R. Smith even has a collection, and now he gets to add to it!

EVERYONE GETS AN ASTERISK!!!
Old 11-21-2020, 09:47 AM

There was just a draft, right?

Any thoughts?

The hometown Twelve just picked up Wiseman, which I thought was the best move. But they lost KT for a year. That doesn't bode well for the team, or for his career, given that he's no longer on the "sunny side" of 30.

The Twolves picked up another "boom or bust" pick. The next DWade or J.R. Rider? How about LaMelo? Haliburton?

Really intrigued by the Israeli kid. Everyone wants the "new Doncic." That's a really tough act to follow, obviously. Admittedly, there's a little tribal pride going on. We could claim Casspi, Schayes Sr and Jr and Joe Klein (I think). And kinda sorta a way past his prime "STAT" Amare.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:17 AM

Pretty unexciting draft, probably more so since we didn’t get to see any of these kids make a mark in the NCAA tourney. Heartbreaking injury with KT, hard to say if it spells disaster for the W’s.

I was surprised to see Halliburton drop so far. From the interviews I saw, he seems to have the right personality with the talent to make a solid career. Hornets will have to get to work on LaMelos jacked up shot mechanics.

We’re looking at November madness with free agency now. Gonna be fun to watch. Daryl Morey definitely gone in Houston as they’re shopping for size now.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...al-sources-say
Old 11-21-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Pretty unexciting draft, probably more so since we didn’t get to see any of these kids make a mark in the NCAA tourney. Heartbreaking injury with KT, hard to say if it spells disaster for the W’s.

I was surprised to see Halliburton drop so far. From the interviews I saw, he seems to have the right personality with the talent to make a solid career. Hornets will have to get to work on LaMelos jacked up shot mechanics.

We’re looking at November madness with free agency now. Gonna be fun to watch. Daryl Morey definitely gone in Houston as they’re shopping for size now.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...al-sources-say
I mean--the lakers picked up Montrezl and Wes Matthews. Theyre loading up.

the KT injury is awful--I think hell bounce back though, he wasnt a hyper athletic slasher/get to the rim type player which helps his case.

Oubre was a great fit and Im excited to see them mesh Wiggins and Oubre and Wiseman into the rotation. If those three work well with the stars on the team watch out
Old 11-21-2020, 05:15 PM

OK so far I think Hornets are getting my vote for worst deal, Gordon Hayward 4 years 120 million - yikes! They made room by paying to soften their previous “ “maybe worst deal in NBA” 120 mil contract for Nick Batum.

Maybe best pickup so far is Jeremi Grant to Detroit, although I’m pleased to see Miami held on to Dragic.