Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
699 from chain reaction right now.
Great price but limited crank and cassette options.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:45 PM

People. Seriously. It's not so much a matter of splitting the dichotomy...you need to reframe the question.

Which group is best? There are two answers. If you prefer a Japanese group, you choose Superbe Pro. If you prefer European, you choose the Mavic SSC.

Stop confusing the OP.

SunTour-Superbe-Pro-1985
c10e34406e9c77af5e341a9e2249d26baae35310
Old 01-25-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonaSovereign View Post
People. Seriously. It's not so much a matter of splitting the dichotomy...you need to reframe the question.

Which group is best? There are two answers. If you prefer a Japanese group, you choose Superbe Pro. If you prefer European, you choose the Mavic SSC.

Stop confusing the OP.

SunTour-Superbe-Pro-1985
c10e34406e9c77af5e341a9e2249d26baae35310
Well played. I'd like to own a bike with each of those before my riding days are done..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
R8000 is the best value in "premium" groups. If you're looking to build up a 5th or 6th bike and if you value your time and money, it's the way to go. What's impressed me about 8000 is how close it is to 9100 in function and finish. The 9100 calipers are best rim brakes on the market and 8000 are a close 2nd. The derailleurs are also pretty cool. However, as R3awak3n mentioned, the aesthetics don't work for every frame. So, go Chorus for a pretty or special bike (one on which you can be more indulgent) and go for 8000 on an utilitarian machine.
i didn't read everyones response and Ive never ran a campy anything so take that to heart heart .... but the R8000 is crazy smooth shiftiing. I love it on my allroad bike its so much better than anything ive run before.. don't laugh SRAM. lol but seriously its very good. the aesthetic is a more what hard edged somewhat contemporary i guess but im looking for bang for the buck almost always and I don't feel the need to look any further.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:54 AM

I still have to try my etap, its ready to go just waiting on the frame. I may be proven wrong and I am a big campy guy but from handling the group it is as nice as my chorus and record groups. The build quality is there, the silver is gorgeous the crankset is good looking, light and well built. We will see how well it setups and shifts.[/QUOTE]

Im interested in your feedback on etap.. i have buddies that have gone to it and loved it and the same amount of them went back to Di2 because they were not in love with the shifting (felt delayed)