Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 11:50 AM

Why? You should take comfort in doing the right thing.

I don't think anyone is saying all masters racers are doping, just that there is a prevalence that is often glossed over by doctor/society sanctioned pharmaceutical enhancement.

And really masters racing is much more homogeneous that other categories so it's easy to create a heuristic or stereotype that is easily related by lots of people. I've seen almost a dozen post-race parking lot confrontations and 100% of them were 50+ riders berating either other masters or younger riders. Lots of other people have seen the same thing, so it becomes easy to generalize.

Extend that to doping and here we are.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
I hear you, but the masters racing haters are alive and well. They seem to think that anyone over fifty should be riding a balloon bike on the beach. Competing? Must be a narcissist reliving their youth.

Just kick their ass every chance you get. They'll either learn to respect you or hate you more.
Perfect summary. Definitely not a masters hater here, since that would mean self-hate . Just amused by the obsessive folks who are willing to cheat (with PEDs) just to win an amateur race with little or no prize value. Your last sentence is the key.

Greg
Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look585 View Post
When you invest in being really good at something, within the rules, it is frustrating to read comments like "they are all dirty" or "why not just let everyone dope (cheat)".
Why is that frustrating for someone clean?
If you're racing hard and clean, you do your thing because those hard-fought physical and racing gains are their own reward.
It's amateur, leaky prostate racing.

btw, it took me a full year to get into what I consider good shape. In that time, a lot of work with diet, and training. I'm very happy with continual improvements and no desire to cheat myself with drugs. I guess I have too much self-respect and concern about taking care of my family.

That "they are all dopers" response is entirely caused by dopers. Lay the blame on them. Amateur Masters dopers are about the most pathetic.
They really aren't fooling anyone. It is pretty obvious when someone is doping and physical signs can be very clear for the longer term abusers.

Doping is temporary. A pro in their 20s might be able to absorb a decade of doping without totally destroying their body but a leaky prostate wanker will have to pay for the doping sooner than later.

*Leaky prostate wanker coined by Seth Davidson

Last edited by pasadena; 01-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.