Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2019, 04:17 PM

Have an Octal, and the medium is fit perfection. Just bought the Ventral Air, and they have totally wrecked the fit of the helmet. I tried a medium, but it was substantially smaller than the octal medium. Went to a large, and it was gigantic ( one inch gap on either side , came down to my eyebrows in front). Given that most positive reviews revolved around great fit, I'd say they wrecked a good thing. It's too bad, the helmet seemed well made.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Have an Octal, and the medium is fit perfection. Just bought the Ventral Air, and they have totally wrecked the fit of the helmet. I tried a medium, but it was substantially smaller than the octal medium. Went to a large, and it was gigantic ( one inch gap on either side , came down to my eyebrows in front). Given that most positive reviews revolved around great fit, I'd say they wrecked a good thing. It's too bad, the helmet seemed well made.
How are the strap splitters on those things? Still non-adjustable (and short)? Thx.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:34 PM
#RYFB

I just switched from a Catlike Whisper to a Ventral SPIN. I too was concerned about the lack of adjustability below the ears but for me it's not a problem, the fit is very good. I almost always wear a cap under my helmet and so far the ventilation has been at least as good as the Catlike (ask me again in August).

Like some other posters in the thread I err on the side of visibility over other aesthetic factors and was very happy to find a half price deal on a yellow one.

If it fits yer noggin I recommend.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:44 PM

I have a ventral air and love it. Straps are well blow my ears so I haven't attempted to adjust them. The size M fits me perfectly; according to my questionable measurement my head is 57cm.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:38 PM

I have an Octal as well; it is one of the few helmets on the market that fits my giant noggin' well Plus it is light and very well ventilated; I really forget that it is even on there most of the time.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I just switched from a Catlike Whisper to a Ventral SPIN. I too was concerned about the lack of adjustability below the ears but for me it's not a problem, the fit is very good....
I had one and it fit me great as well, but the ear adjustability was just a complete deal breaker. What were they thinking with that?....
Old 06-14-2019, 09:34 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtayBW View Post
What were they thinking with that?....

If you ain't Swedish you'll never figure it out (no offense to tuscanyswe or any other Scandinavian intended)
Old 06-14-2019, 10:09 PM

I have a POC medium for the summer, which is tight with a headsweats cap; and a large POC MIPS for the winter for use with thicker headgear. If I ever need a new helmet I'll check out the POCs first.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:00 PM

I bought a POC Ventral medium. It fit well except for the ear straps being a tad too tight. I returned it and bought a Giro Synthe with MIPS, which is the best helmet I’ve worn.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:10 PM

My buddies in Tucson like them for their ventilation. They say their POCs are definitely summer helmets, they ventilate too much for comfortable winter riding.