Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I can't believe you changed your comment!
I just added the i was wrong wow.. initially it was just yup.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I just added the i was wrong wow.. initially it was just yup.
The timing was so perfect. I was sorry to see it spoiled, was all.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:54 AM
Vendor

Smart move by Mazzulla to call that timeout with 3 seconds to go.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Glad Coach Joe got my memo, but probably took the Brogdon injury to get him in that spot.

Did Boston really get the 2 shot foul upgraded to 3 on their challenge? Ugly second half but still a fun game to watch.
No it was upgraded to 3 because the Heat requested it be looked at.

Jeff
Old 05-28-2023, 11:19 PM

Turns out Mazzulla’s appeal of the foul on Butler won the game. Changed the time left from 2.1 to 3 seconds.

Jeff
Old 05-30-2023, 03:08 PM
Registered (ab)User

Well, congrats to the Miami Heat for preventing history's being made at their expense.

I'm usually pretty underwhelmed by the, uh, depth of Charles Barkley's analysis, but his comment from the pre-game show w/ Shaq and Kenny and Ernie struck me as being dead on...and that was even before it came to fruition:

"The Miami Heat can't win this game, but the Boston Celtics can hand it to them."
Old 05-30-2023, 09:01 PM

Yeah I guess Tatum’s tweaked ankle was a big part but on paper, the C’s should still generate enough offense without him. I thought they were better with R Williams on the floor vice Horford but he only saw 13 minutes vs Horford’s 34. I was really hoping for a better game from Boston, but guess I can’t say the underachievement was surprising at this point.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:26 PM

Nuggets in 5.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Nuggets in 5.
If they don't start putting players bigger than 6-5 on Gordon, it's going to be a sweep.
Old 06-02-2023, 05:11 PM
cnighbor2

Butler what is wrong with him

June 2, 2023
Butler what is wrong with him
He isn't scoring like he did three games ago!
Injury?
Thanks
Charles
Old 06-04-2023, 09:39 PM
Boeuf Chane

Tied 1-1 after two games.

Looks like we're going to have a good series after all...
Old 06-05-2023, 12:04 PM

The conversation would have been SO DIFFERENT had Murray's 3-pointer gone down, Overtime, and Nuggets win. Funny how one shot completely changes the conversation. Everyone is so down on the Nuggets. This is a good series though, I like Jimmy Buckets and Pat Riley and the Coach that was "smarter" than Boston Celtics.

All the conversation re the Boston-Miami series is/was: "The smarter team won." How would you like to be the 'dumber' management in Boston? funny.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:11 PM

Playoffs really aren't a very large sample size, so anything can happen over the course of 20-some games. Sure, the Heat shouldn't be able hit 45% or better on threes for 7 games and counting in a single playoffs, but ask the Bucks or Celtics how "they won't shoot that well again" is panning out. You'll have to call their hotels in Cancun to talk to them. Variance rules more of our lives than we know.

The other thing the Heat seem to do really well is just muck things up. They aren't really playing lockdown D (Nuggets had a 125 off rating last night), but somehow everything just seems harder, takes a couple seconds more, they just grind on teams.

I still think Denver is a solid favorite to win the series because they have a really high floor and a higher ceiling then the Heat. They didn't play well last night and still had a clean look from a good shooter to tie. But you won't catch me betting against the Heat.
Old 06-05-2023, 01:29 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post
The conversation would have been SO DIFFERENT had Murray's 3-pointer gone down, Overtime, and Nuggets win. Funny how one shot completely changes the conversation. Everyone is so down on the Nuggets. This is a good series though, I like Jimmy Buckets and Pat Riley and the Coach that was "smarter" than Boston Celtics.

All the conversation re the Boston-Miami series is/was: "The smarter team won." How would you like to be the 'dumber' management in Boston? funny.
I think “everyone” being so down on the Nuggets is typical media dramatization, making a mountain out of what is barely an anthill. I was surprised to see such Denver-down stories this morning, but yeah, just click-baiting writers looking for negative angles because negativity sells in sports media.
Old 06-05-2023, 01:44 PM

I noticed that the Nuggs do well with their fast transition game and the Heat excelled when they could slow things down and set their defence.

I've been critical of Bam at times but dang he looked good out there in Game 2. Amazing defensive stops, sharp playmaking, versatile floor game.

I'm happy with either of these teams winning - for different reasons. The closer and more competitive this series is, the better.

KJ