Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2020, 12:57 PM

On the slow mail topic, here is the opposite case.

I ordered a 10mm hex key -- long, many of you could guess what for -- last night around 8pm and it is in my hands now. Wow!

Amazon must already had it loaded on the delivery truck before I ordered it.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:59 PM

Postal aside, we are having issues shipping and receiving products at the plant due to truckers being out sick. We have our own trucking company for delivering products and they have been devastated by the virus. Postal is probably in a similar position for their trucks and contractors.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:03 PM

I’ve had two boxes sit for 2+ weeks without a new update in tracking.

Anyone else try using the missing mail form? After I log in, it just sits there and times out or only partially loads.

Maybe the boxes will come, maybe not, but my eBay buyers are getting antsy.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:09 PM

I have three ebay purchases in transit. Interesting to see where they've already been. They're going to have more stamps on their passports than I do!
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 12-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
I have three ebay purchases in transit. Interesting to see where they've already been. They're going to have more stamps on their passports than I do!
A good friend had sent an eBay item, and the buyer complained that she hadn't gotten the item, which was in the hands of the USPS for almost two weeks. He refunded her the full amount, the item showed up two days later. She acknowledged she received it, but didn't offer to pay. People are really easy to dislike, at times.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:36 PM

My Christmas package to my daughter, sent USPS 2day priority at the start of last week, doesn't look like it will make it.
The postal service cites 'Unprecedented volume and limited employee availability due to Covid19'.
They don't blame the slashing of staff and funding by Mr. L(ack of) deJoy(of Christmas) as directed by his feckless leader. It is a true Grinch moment around here, but I sure can't blame the frontline employees who are trying to do their jobs.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:17 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
My Christmas package to my daughter, sent USPS 2day priority at the start of last week, doesn't look like it will make it.
The postal service cites 'Unprecedented volume and limited employee availability due to Covid19'.
They don't blame the slashing of staff and funding by Mr. L(ack of) deJoy(of Christmas) as directed by his feckless leader. It is a true Grinch moment around here, but I sure can't blame the frontline employees who are trying to do their jobs.
Exactly.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:50 PM

I was hoping to bypass the shipping delays when I recently ordered a set of Teravail Rutland tires. Instead of using CC or BTD, I discovered REI also carried them. They were in stock at the warehouse so I thought I'd pick up locally to avoid the use of any residential shipping... Within 4 days received notice they had arrived at local store. I drove 15 miles to pick up yesterday, giddy that my plan worked and thought I'd be using my new tires this weekend. As the customer service clerk handed me my sealed white bag, I noticed it didn't feel like tires, but rather soft like clothing...Hmm... she double checked my order and opened the bag... with the receipt for two Rutland tires were two Wahoo TOWELS...!!?? Oops.... sorry about that... we'll have to reorder for you.... however, they were very apologetic and gave me 20 % off my tires.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:11 PM

Didn't read the whole thread.....

One main issue is that UPS/FedEx/etc. started refusing to take any more packages, so the USPS got deluged with even more packages.

If a package doesn't make it in time, well, I can think of worse things that could happen, especially with the way things have gone in 2020.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
A good friend had sent an eBay item, and the buyer complained that she hadn't gotten the item, which was in the hands of the USPS for almost two weeks. He refunded her the full amount, the item showed up two days later. She acknowledged she received it, but didn't offer to pay. People are really easy to dislike, at times.
Seriously? She didn't pay? That's awful.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinmurph View Post

One main issue is that UPS/FedEx/etc. started refusing to take any more packages, so the USPS got deluged with even more packages.

If a package doesn't make it in time, well, I can think of worse things that could happen, especially with the way things have gone in 2020.

Merry Christmas to all.
A very considerate post about what is really a first world problem. We have so much to be thankful for. My daughter understood, of course. Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all of you, may the coming year be better for everyone!
Old 12-24-2020, 05:55 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Seriously? She didn't pay? That's awful.
Yep. People.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Merry Christmas to all.
There's a long and time honored tradition of delays in sending Christmas presents. After all, at the very first Christmas, the presents for baby Jesus got sent by (3) Magi, and ended up arriving 12 days late!

And then there was the time that the Partridge in a Pear Tree arrived on time, but the Two Turtle Doves were a day late, the Three French Hens came the following day, the Four Calling Birds came the day after that, and so on and so on ...
Old 01-01-2021, 07:27 AM
aka RAEKWON

I bought a set of shifters from a forum member and these shifters have travelled the country more than I did in 2020.

They departed colorado on the 15th of December. Then many days later appeared in las vegas. Then went MIA again for a good 5 days and appeared in Tennassee. Ah ok, they are at least traveling the proper way.... well... until they went MIA again and are now in Mississippi. Where will they go next?
Old 01-01-2021, 08:01 AM

I've found USPS to work well, Priority Mail is an excellent value, and I like printing labels online.

It's UPS that kills me. The packages makes 20 different stops, bounce around the Midwest for a week and are give to USPS for last mile delivery.

My favorite is DHL, Italy to my doorstep in less than a week!