Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2020, 08:54 PM

I think it depends on which regional sorting station things are routed through.

I had a package arrive from MPLS to Toronto in 6 days, totally normal timeline. I then had a package, ordered same week sit in indy for nearly a week. Followed by Chicago for nearly another week.

Don't get me started on an order from a cycling clothing company that was supposed to arrive in November, then supposed to ship in early December, now radio silence.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:02 PM

Just sent two Priority Mail packages on Saturday to Forum members from Portland, OR to Texas and Connecticut. They arrived today. I think that’s pretty good service!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:13 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Shipped packages on 12/15 and they arrived today, USPS 2-3 day priority.
Alternatively, I ordered stuff on 12/3 and it still is “pending” shipping at USPS.
Finally, ordered a new M1 MacBook Air from Apple earlier this month and it went from China to Milwaukee in 3 days and arrived 2 weeks head of schedule via FedEx.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:21 PM

The USPS has been failing for years. COVID is driving the nails in the coffin. I ordered a gift for my wife on December 6. It shipped the next day from Indianapolis. So far, it’s been to Maine, New Hampshire, Albany, and as of today Rochester. At least it’s in the correct state. Chances of it arriving in Syracuse tomorrow are slim. I certainly hope the next administration and Congress stop punting this political football and put it on a better track. Realistically, not expecting any improvement.

Greg
Old 12-23-2020, 09:27 PM
coffee consumer

There are still trucks in the parking lot at the main sorting center here with packages from local post offices waiting to be processed into the system.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/12/mail...-very-bad.html
Old 12-23-2020, 10:32 PM
v a n i l l a

it's better than the IRS

I sent in a 1040X in April and it finally paid a week ago...
Old 12-23-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
it's better than the IRS

I sent in a 1040X in April and it finally paid a week ago...
I recently received correspondence related to a 1040X I filed for a client in September 2018. They still have not processed it.

I have many instances of 2016 returns that were e-filed and accepted but have yet to be processed.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 PM

According to the American Postal Workers Union, 19,000 workers have called in sick or are isolating themselves due to Covid-19. I’m seeing most packages just sitting in distribution centers for 2-3 days so generally getting stuff in 10-14 days depending on which side of the country it originated. Just another reason to have multiple bikes; backups are crucial.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:29 PM
Boeuf Chane

Re: Filing taxes

I finally got around to filing my 2019 1040 form for both my Fed and MO the first week of December. (in both cases they owed me money, so no penalty) These went in too late to be e-filed, so they were paper submittals.

I got the $ direct deposit from MO about a week and a half later. I still haven't seen anything from the Feds, and last I checked the status they did not acknowledge having received it. The IRS system to check is now down and won't but up again until the 4th, so I'll have a wait a while longer to even check. And as you might expect, the Feds owe me a lot more than the State did...
Old 12-24-2020, 12:04 AM
v a n i l l a

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/busin...rnd/index.html
Old 12-24-2020, 12:25 AM

I had a package shipped December 5th from New York. It has been "processed through " the Albany facility 5 times now according to tracking. 5 times through one facility?!! Last update was the 16th. So eighteen days and it's still in the original state it was shipped in. Not holding my breath.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:49 AM

I haven’t had any issues with USPS or FedEx lately but I bought a bike shipping from Tucson and I think I could have ridden it home faster. It shipped last Friday and still hasn’t left the state of AZ. Initial ETA was 1/4! Now forecasting 12/30. I know it’s going across country but man, it’s been a long time since I’ve waited almost 2 weeks for something.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzy View Post
Good thing we destroyed all those sorting machines and scraped them so they can't be used again..
And cut staff....and covid and........

I have had a package that was supposed to be delivered a week ago..everything is slow, Xmas and above.
Quote:
I think it depends on which regional sorting station things are routed through.
And maybe if you drop it at an 'alternative' USPS dropoff point. My local Stapes 'announced' they were UPS and USPS dropoff points. Dropped off a USPS package December 7th..person receiving it said they never got it..went in with Stapes receipt..still sitting on their counter along with about 15 others, This was yesterday..s=itting sicne December 7th...
UPS truck came by to fetch UPS stuff, no USPS so...go to post office.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 12-24-2020 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:00 AM
Ex-Mr.President

I am still waiting for a Black Friday package from KC Tool. It has been “received” in our local sorting hub for going on 11 days. I called a few days ago to inquire and got a call from the local post office saying it wasn’t there and would be called back within the hour as to where it was...that was going on 4 days ago at this moment.

Yep it is lost.

I get busy, no issues there and most of the frustration has been shared, but this holiday season (granted a huge pandemic going on) has sucked for vendor’s service models.

We had our dishwasher go bad. Ordered one 2 weeks ago to be delivered and installed before Xmas. The night before the delivery I got an email and said new delivery would be Jan 6th. No explanation, but I would get a gift card for my compensation.

Only message or info I can get. I don’t mind washing dishes by hand, but this “sorry we dropped the ball,” crap is wearing on me as it seems to be any order placed around Black Friday is not going to make it in time. A lot of folks are getting gifts from us this year of a picture of their gift and an IOU for when it arrives.

Yes 1st world issues, but a month seems to be an acceptable time to wait for an item shipped with in the US.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:27 AM

Somewhat on topic.

Any guesses on when things will get back to almost normal? Meaning the shipping part, not the virus