Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2021, 08:03 PM

Portable trainer for international travel

Getting ready for a trip to Korea, unfortunately this requires a mandatory two week quarantine in a hotel, so thinking to bring a bike and trainer to help pass time/maintain some fitness.

Any suggestions for a good travel worthy trainer? Light and compact seem like obvious desirable characteristics. Not looking for anything exotic. The Feedback Sports Omnium Zero Drive seems like a decent prospect.

Appreciate any experience or ideas, thanks!
Old 05-15-2021, 08:15 PM

I use the Feedback Sports Omnium over drive. I do full hour+ interval workout on it. Has internal resistance. I like how the back of the bike can move around and it's not locked it, I find it more like I'm actually riding and not fixed in place completely.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab View Post
Getting ready for a trip to Korea, unfortunately this requires a mandatory two week quarantine in a hotel, so thinking to bring a bike and trainer to help pass time/maintain some fitness.

Any suggestions for a good travel worthy trainer? Light and compact seem like obvious desirable characteristics. Not looking for anything exotic. The Feedback Sports Omnium Zero Drive seems like a decent prospect.

Appreciate any experience or ideas, thanks!
You should see if you are allowed deliveries while in quarantine, and try to get a trainer delivered once you're in quarantine. I assume you don't know what hotel you will be quarantining in until you arrive in Korea, but I'm not familiar with the process in Korea
Old 05-16-2021, 06:31 AM

I second the Feedback Omnium. Our entire cyclocross team travels and uses them at races. Relatively light and packs (relatively) small.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I ended up finding a guy who had an omnium for sale so picked that up. Seems that the general reviews for these are solid.

Glad to hear the noise isn’t bad too. Can imagine the noise could irritate the neighbors, especially after days in solitary!