Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2024, 11:03 AM

Campagnolo bar end shifters

Are there any bar end shifters that are compatible with Campagnolo 10 speed rear derailleurs and cassettes? Something that is actually available to purchase?
Old 02-08-2024, 01:18 PM

Campagnolo themselves made 10spd barend shifters (compatible with all Campagnolo 10spd derailleurs and cassettes), which can be often be found on the used market.
Old 02-08-2024, 01:53 PM

Like Mark said, Campy made them in a couple 10s variations. The first were silver alloy that were also used to make into 10s downtube shifters. The others were a more "aero" styled black lever, I can't remember if they were "return to center" levers or just looked like them. I doubt Campy still offers a 10s bar end shifter, but as mentioned above, they are readily available on the used market.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
Like Mark said, Campy made them in a couple 10s variations. The first were silver alloy that were also used to make into 10s downtube shifters. The others were a more "aero" styled black lever, I can't remember if they were "return to center" levers or just looked like them. I doubt Campy still offers a 10s bar end shifter, but as mentioned above, they are readily available on the used market.
The last gen of barends were indeed 'RTC', return to center, both 10s and 11s(might have been 11s only). They are 'out there' as are the silver ones made from DT shifters but are rare these days.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:50 AM

I have a pair (10 speed) that I bought used a couple of years ago. I never ended building the triathlon bike they were intended for so I never used them. They are ''return to center''. I would probably sell them if you are intersted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT shifters 1.jpg (86.1 KB, 87 views)
Old 02-09-2024, 09:09 AM

I have seen a few of those for sale on eBay. All had cracked plastic. Are they fragile?
Old 02-09-2024, 09:25 AM

Mine have no cracks and look solid. I will mount them on a bike this weekend to try them. I'll let you know how they feel.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMtl View Post
I have a pair (10 speed) that I bought used a couple of years ago. I never ended building the triathlon bike they were intended for so I never used them. They are ''return to center''. I would probably sell them if you are intersted.
Paulcomp.com makes thumbie adapters compatible with Microshift, Shimano and SRAM bar end shifters. Does anyone know of a similar available solution that is compatible with these Campagnolo 10-speed RTC bar end shifters?
Old 02-10-2024, 09:36 AM

I am actually working on a flat bar mounting solution for these types of campy shifters. so far this is just a mock up but i thought it would be interesting to contribute to this thread. still a work in progress but hoping to have a functional prototype in a few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3D58DE4D-657C-4CD9-8F5F-36A5A3259B84.jpg (75.9 KB, 30 views)