Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2021, 09:43 AM

I'm lactose intolerant and it took forever to figure it out.. I even tested negative on the "breath test" at the hospital... (that test is terrible though, it has like a 20% false negative rate).

In any case.. once you get rid of the lactose (and the pills work fine for me for the amount of milk I'd put in a drip coffee or even a latte) some coffee will still make me sick.

I won't go near drop coffee from Starbucks other than the Veranda blend.. most of their dark stuff is heavily overroasted and then they overextract the coffee AFAICT. It will always make me sick even without milk. Their espresso drinks seems fine though, it doesn't make me sick.

I would just make sure you are brewing carefully.. stuff like a well done V60 or the Aeropress or even well made espresso drank straight doesn't really even make my stomach rumble.

I do find the Aeropress somehow unsatisfying as it makes such a small cup.. it does hold up pretty well to adding hot water though. My favorite mug is ~360ml. Aeropress it feels like you're really stretching to get 300ml.

Tags
coffee, coffee espresso