Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:00 PM

Does Not Eqaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Wut?

Again, I recommended his wealth be stripped and he be left penniless and destitute.

And yes, he used dying cancer patients to cover up a sports doping conspiracy. Maybe re-evaluate the circumstances around the "everyone was doing it" stance of yours. Not everyone was doing what he did.
You equated his death with justice. And what he did does not merit a death sentence. Again, you're awfully hard on public figures and yet exhibit similar traits as those you condemn.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:03 PM

They All Banked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
Paceline. Going downhill fast. To be honest, did he really defraud usps? They must have made @#$&ing piles of money off him. They were enablers.
You're right.

The whole sport, the bike makers, component makers, sponsors, they all made and are making money off of it.

To take one guy an burn him while the whole industry walks is hypocrisy. And it's still going on today, how long has Lance been gone?
Old 04-19-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
You equated his death with justice. And what he did does not merit a death sentence. Again, you're awfully hard on public figures and yet exhibit similar traits as those you condemn.
I know I am going sound like I am man'plaining but how do you get "I wish him death" from "I wish he'd be living in a cardboard box right now.." Flash's statement invokes an image of the Duke boys fate in Trading Places not one of death.

give the guy some slack. Flash not Lance
Old 04-19-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Old 04-19-2018, 09:08 PM

Confused

Lance is arguably a great competitor, orchestrated or played a key roll in one of cyclings most sophisticated doping programs ever subject to discovery ( get it), and was a complete bully and fraud in trying to cover it up. Floyd is a cheat and fraud, and it is natural I think for anyone to condemn them both. I don’t really get the instinct to, or point of, jumping to defend such critiques of either one as if it matters or mitigates the facts. But here I am reading this thread so guess I am part of whatever is wrong with hyper defensiveness today. I do truly believe in free speech and tend to just let folks have their POV unless it will impact someone in a meaningful way. This many years out I don’t get the emotion and invictive present here
Old 04-19-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
Paceline. Going downhill fast. To be honest, did he really defraud usps? They must have made @#$&ing piles of money off him. They were enablers.
To borrow a phrase from Beeatnik....

Western Civilization Justice is so weird.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:13 PM

Wut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
I know I am going sound like I am man'plaining but how do you get "I wish him death" from "I wish he'd be living in a cardboard box right now.." Flash's statement invokes an image of the Duke boys fate in Trading Places not one of death.

give the guy some slack. Flash not Lance
My wife would laugh at your man'plaining remark for the fact simple that you don't understand what he typed and you interjected you sex in it as if it beget you more understanding. Hilarious.

Let me explain it to you as a fellow human being. He typed "If the concept of justice existed in the natural order, he'd be living in a cardboard box right now". To equate justice for what Lance did with "living in a cardboard box", death, is a bridge too far and says more about the person who typed it than Lance's transgressions.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
My wife would laugh at your man'plaining remark for the fact simple that you don't understand what he typed and you interjected you sex in it as if it beget you more understanding. Hilarious.

Let me explain it to you as a fellow human being. He typed "If the concept of justice existed in the natural order, he'd be living in a cardboard box right now". To equate justice for what Lance did with "living in a cardboard box", death, is a bridge too far and says more about the person who typed it than Lance's transgressions.
Wow, aka ***....

Convoluted is as convoluted does, I guess.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 PM
ZhugeLiang

There are no winners, only losers.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Oh you mean his cancer foundation that didn't raise money for research? Thanks for the reminder.
You mean the cancer foundation that was never about research? Maybe you should do a bit of research yourself into what that foundation provides. It would make you sound less unhinged.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:25 PM

I really liked Cadence's suggestion somewhere above for PL to just move on from Mr. LA. I mean we all love cycling and this is a really wonderful place to share that, I think.
That being said, there seems to be some sort of weird initiation ritual where everyone has to have an "opinion" on Armstrong. Two comments then. The settlement is with US Postal, and I wonder how several pages of comments would go or even exist, if the rider was Italian, French, Colombian or Belgian, etc. Secondly, the idea of LA as "victim" is bonkers, c'mon now. There you go and you can rip me but can we just move on to what we love and care about instead off this.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
To borrow a phrase from Beeatnik....

Western Civilization Justice is so weird.
Did you completely clear that "borrowing" with beeatnik first?

Because if you didn't he might bury* you in one of these cardboard boxes.**

*: NOT literally bury; just a euphemism for "overload with legal proceedings", etc.

**: Literally, just a cardboard box, legal size; NOT a euphemism for "death", etc.

Language, it's a vi....
Old 04-19-2018, 09:27 PM

More To It

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
Lance is arguably a great competitor, orchestrated or played a key roll in one of cyclings most sophisticated doping programs ever subject to discovery ( get it), and was a complete bully and fraud in trying to cover it up. Floyd is a cheat and fraud, and it is natural I think for anyone to condemn them both. I don’t really get the instinct to, or point of, jumping to defend such critiques of either one as if it matters or mitigates the facts. But here I am reading this thread so guess I am part of whatever is wrong with hyper defensiveness today. I do truly believe in free speech and tend to just let folks have their POV unless it will impact someone in a meaningful way. This many years out I don’t get the emotion and invictive present here
It overlooks the story as a whole and the fact that it carries in even today is proof that it's not about it being right, it's about the show going on. Look at what riders are saying about Froome. Then go backwards from him at past Tour winners and you see the point, the Tour is and has been an entertainment and marketing tool from day one and when the dirt comes out the riders pay while the rest continue on with the game.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Hey guys: c’mon. Keep it on the rails eh?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:32 PM

There Are Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
There are no winners, only losers.
When the riders are outed they lose while those who run the game continue on and profit.
Closed Thread