Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2018, 04:28 PM
Lanterne rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmradio516 View Post
My biggest thing I have yet to perfect is brisket. Everyone says to pull them when the internal hits 200, but even with the thermapen, its still tough. I noticed that letting it go to 215 is a bit better.
Brisket should be brought real slow to 200 and held there for quite a while. Pulling it when it just hits the 200 mark will leave it tough. The collegen needs time to melt.
Weaping tight with foil will help prevent stall but isnt necessary if the temp is low enough. I dont even check temperature any more. Check for tenderness. Pull it when its tender. Those who check temperature constantly get freaked by the stall and crank the heat out of desperation. Then once it moves past 165 or so it goes fast and its shot. Dont check temperature or if you do, dont stare at it.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:00 PM

Traeger

Does anyone have a Traeger that can give me some feedback? Looking to replace our BBQ and would like something that will give us great flavor.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Can anyone locally source some dried white or post oak logs? The little I found online is gonna wind up costing almost $80 total after shipping for not that much wood.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Lanterne rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclepair View Post
Does anyone have a Traeger that can give me some feedback? Looking to replace our BBQ and would like something that will give us great flavor.

Thanks!
I have one. It is absolutely awesome for long time low temp. Everyone raves. I use a Webber Kettle as well. These two are not interchangeble.
I have two pork butts on the Traeger right now. They will get shredded, mixed with grilled pineapple and onions and sauced with a home hade chili sauce. Tacos Al Pastor. Eat with plenty of beer and home made salsa. 45th Bday party tonite. Tomorrow is going to be rough.