Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
Yeah, the CBS broadcast isn't a bad deal, especially as there are quite a few quality teams in the Europa League (e.g. AC Milan and Lille). All that high scoring is actually quite bunkers, as exemplified by Rangers coming back to win 4-3 away.
I dont follow them, but announcers stated that they havent lost in something like 39 matches.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Unlike Man U, both Lille and Milan are contesting for their respective domestic league titles

I’m still a bit perplexed at how Lille is ahead of PSG though.
Oh i missed that actually. That is surprising.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
I dont follow them, but announcers stated that they havent lost in something like 39 matches.
I don't follow them either, but they play a lot of Scottish teams. That said, they also had quite the Europa League group stage. Would be interesting to see how they fare against stronger competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Oh i missed that actually. That is surprising.
Although given the way Real tore Barca apart and the way Pochettino inspires his players, I won't be surprised if PSG wins Ligue Un after all.

It's actually quite tight at the top of the Ligue Un table, three teams separated by three points.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:57 PM

SheBelieves Cup on now. USA vs Canada - wide open match but scoreless first half.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:36 PM

Interestingly, as of the 70th min, Canada has had the 2 clearest shots that were actually not taken. But a very good game so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-18-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
Interestingly, as of the 70th min, Canada has had the 2 clearest shots that were actually not taken. But a very good game so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yup.
USA lucky to escape with the win. But man, they have a deep bench!
Old 02-20-2021, 03:04 PM

Two derbies down and one more to go

Liverpool may actually be in danger of missing out on top-4, which would probably be semi-disasterous. Add to that the fact they lost their captain to a hamstring injury, and it just looks even worse. Yikes...
Old 02-24-2021, 09:28 PM

A cruel sport - Atalanta deserved better.

USA Women's dominate!
Old 02-25-2021, 09:05 AM
Cranky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
Alaba is on record saying he wasn't interested playing in the PL.
Hey martl, serious question: Do you know why Alaba never took a lower number?

Do you have any word on his plans?
Old 03-03-2021, 03:46 PM

Oh boy, Milan dropping points yet again. It’s looking good for Inter, and the club would surely need it, given its owners (Jiangsu Suning) just pulled the plugs on its team in the Chinese Superleague.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonster View Post
Hey martl, serious question: Do you know why Alaba never took a lower number?
On his salary expectations, you mean? he should have, and stayed at Bayern. Would have become a club legend.

His 27 became a trademark quite early. Low numbers aren't what they used to be, BS31...

Quote:
Do you have any word on his plans?
Your guess is as good as mine (and anyone's). Local media say he not only wants 10+ net on a 5 year contract, but also a guarantee on a DM starting spot. RM is having second thoughts because of the money, also they want him as CB. Juve left the race, Chelsea's interest is cooling, last team left willing to meet his demands seems to be PSG which he doesn't favor.

Maybe one of the two Manchester cough up the money. But it is said he - or his girlfriend-don't fancy the English weather very much, either. Bold move, if you ask me, in Covid circumstances, to be that picky. Seems he found the right agent if he tries to sell himself as a cocky SOB. He is, in a good way, though. Any team can consider itself lucky to have him.

Last edited by martl; 03-03-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Oh boy, Milan dropping points yet again. It’s looking good for Inter, and the club would surely need it, given its owners (Jiangsu Suning) just pulled the plugs on its team in the Chinese Superleague.
crap i did not even know milan played today, felt like they played roma yesterday :/ Oh thats bad news idd.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Cranky!

Quote:
but also a guarantee on a DM starting spot.
I like him, but that's crazy. No good can come from that. No serious team should agree to such a clause. And no player should demand it, if they are at all committed to success on the pitch.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
On his salary expectations, you mean? he should have, and stayed at Bayern. Would have become a club legend.

His 27 became a trademark quite early. Low numbers aren't what they used to be, BS31...

Your guess is as good as mine (and anyone's). Local media say he not only wants 10+ net on a 5 year contract, but also a guarantee on a DM starting spot. RM is having second thoughts because of the money, also they want him as CB. Juve left the race, Chelsea's interest is cooling, last team left willing to meet his demands seems to be PSG which he doesn't favor.

Maybe one of the two Manchester cough up the money. But it is said he - or his girlfriend-don't fancy the English weather very much, either. Bold move, if you ask me, in Covid circumstances, to be that picky. Seems he found the right agent if he tries to sell himself as a cocky SOB. He is, in a good way, though. Any team can consider itself lucky to have him.
When's the last time he has consistently played DM (as in defensive midfield)? My own recollection is that he's LB/ left-side CB for club, and LW for Austria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonster View Post
I like him, but that's crazy. No good can come from that. No serious team should agree to such a clause. And no player should demand it, if they are at all committed to success on the pitch.
And other than the likes of PSG, Man City, and Real, no team could really afford his wages without wrecking its wage structure.

Which probably means Man City then. Pep loves his ball-playing defenders, usually splashing at least 50 million Eur on one, every year. As there's no transfer fee to be paid, that 50 million Eur earmarked can go directly to wages. Pep also needs someone to take over for Fernandinho, and Alaba could fit there?

Last edited by echappist; 03-03-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM

UEFA Women's Champions League round of 16 starts today - i cant find it on tv - any suggestions?