Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2020, 11:40 AM

Hey Jaybee: the 2021 NBA season has started.

Everyone and their Mothers are picking the Lakers over the Nets in the Finals. Can't argue with that. MVP: Toss-up between LeBron, the Greek Freak, and Doncic. Again. Although Dame is getting a lot of love, which is great. None classier. ROY: Wiseman.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Everyone and their Mothers are picking the Lakers over the Nets in the Finals. Can't argue with that. MVP: Toss-up between LeBron, the Greek Freak, and Doncic. Again. Although Dame is getting a lot of love, which is great. None classier. ROY: Wiseman.
AD for MVP. For ROY, give me the Ball kid. Yea I don’t like his dad either, but the young one can really play, even with his shakey shooting. His team has a chance to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:12 PM

It's too soon. I haven't fully decompressed from the Bubble.

If we're just making best guesses, I'll go with KD as MVP, Wiseman as ROY, Lakers as repeat champs (over the Nets) and the Suns as the big surprise team and one of Simmons/Embiid being moved as the big surprise trade, and not for Harden.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
It's too soon. I haven't fully decompressed from the Bubble.

If we're just making best guesses, I'll go with KD as MVP, Wiseman as ROY, Lakers as repeat champs (over the Nets) and the Suns as the big surprise team and one of Simmons/Embiid being moved as the big surprise trade, and not for Harden.
The stats are always gaudy. Always been one of my least favorite players to watch. Questionable if he's worth the drama: https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/23/ja...s-video-review
Old 12-23-2020, 03:38 PM
Vendor

I had high hopes given how strong the Warriors looked against SAC in preseason. But nope, last night ruined things. Oh well. Hopefully Christmas Day will be better.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
The stats are always gaudy. Always been one of my least favorite players to watch. Questionable if he's worth the drama: https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/23/ja...s-video-review

I think he is. He's a walking top-10 offense almost no matter who you put around him. I'm of the opinion that the Rockets aren't going to get what they want for him, and he plays out the year, 28/5/7, and Christian Wood is a household name by the end of it.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
I think he is. He's a walking top-10 offense almost no matter who you put around him. I'm of the opinion that the Rockets aren't going to get what they want for him, and he plays out the year, 28/5/7, and Christian Wood is a household name by the end of it.
Conspiracy theorist in me believes that Harden was intentionally photographed maskless at a strip joint, so he would be ineligible to play for the Rockets.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...eo-sources-say

Last edited by Waldo62; 12-23-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:36 PM

You heard it here first. Zion reclassified as a rookie and wins ROY.

The East to me is a tossup now. I think the Nets are 50/50 to win it or we read “what’s wrong with the Nets?” articles all season long. I don’t think the Bucks got that much better. Boston would be my pick if there was any chance Kemba played regular minutes and was available for playoffs (unlikely).

I’d like to see the Sixers move Embiid. I don’t think they’re going anywhere with him.

Last edited by Spaghetti Legs; 12-23-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:51 PM

The Heat are sporting some serious 80’s bike frame worthy unis tonight. Pretty ugly but they do get bonus points for matching the free throw lane.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:38 PM

I think the Heat uniforms are awesome.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:17 PM

Interesting article on the genesis of the uniforms here: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/12...on/basketball/

Some real hits and misses. A purely objective (haha) list:

Misses:

1) The Heat. ***? I think Rapha’s “garish design dude” went around offering designs for free. No one bit. Except for Miami.

2) The Knicks. Of course. Day-glo “New York Never Sleeps.” How about something more iconic - something that reeks of Knickerbocker history? Like Clyde Frazier’s sideburns growing out of a basketball?

Hits:

1) Clippers. Tonal badassery. Might be better than the team again.

2) Lakers. Yeah, the ditched the iconic purple and gold for 2021. But it’s an homage to the early years of the Lakers and Elgin Baylor, who put the franchise on the map. Well done.

3) Hawks. Honoring MLK in a classy, understated kind of way. Might be my favorite uni of 2021.

On the fence:

1) Nuggets. The burning question in Mile High City is always “what colors will accentuate Jokic’s style?” That’s a tough endeavor. So the answer was apparently a gaudy tequila sunrise inspired throwback to the mid 80s. Loud. Very loud. I wasn’t sold at first. The thought of a lumbering seven footer running the fast break adorned in a million shades of crimson and orange didn’t ring true ... until I thought of who the uni was really paying homage to: the criminally underrated Lafayette Lever. 18 8 and 8 two decades before Westbrook with great “D.”

Keep it.

Last edited by XXtwindad; 01-06-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:10 PM

The worst thing about Denver's Flatirons uni is that it looks like Utah's Red Rocks uni.

This year's Miami Vice uni is definitely the most polarizing. Love the colors, maybe not the execution.

No mind, however. We have a new king of NBA uniforms - San Antonio Spurs Fiesta:
Old 01-07-2021, 01:16 PM

I prefer the classic city jersey, you can’t get more San Francisco than that!

[IMG]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pm2YSMK5DwM/X6ZsqyKwFYI/AAAAAAAAU6c/ZiVJEpLB-FU53KAyqznw8t2uJkYKewdTACNcBGAsYHQ/s1920/20201106170011-1.jpg[IMG]

Good Luck!

Last edited by bfd; 01-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:35 PM

What are those Knick jerseys?

Yikes.

They're actually playing well and winning games. EP could be the point guard they've needed since Mark Jackson got traded.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:19 PM

Another game that Kyrie Irving missed for "personal reasons." Well, he's only making $33 million this year.