Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escarabajo View Post
That Luka game winner vs. Cavendish’s win streak, which one is more surprising?
If you told me that a random NBA player hit a leaning, one handed 3 point floater at the buzzer, Luka would be in my top 3 choices.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
If you told me that a random NBA player hit a leaning, one handed 3 point floater at the buzzer, Luka would be in my top 3 choices.
Very true, but man that was ridiculous nonetheless.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I think he'd be low Top 10 on that list for me, if at all. He does a lot of things well, but weird circus shots? Nah.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I think he'd be low Top 10 on that list for me, if at all. He does a lot of things well, but weird circus shots? Nah.
It personally pains me to disagree with the Paceline’s pedantic pundit. But Donic, Curry, and Harden would be in my top three. There was an article awhile back about how two players were light years ahead of others in terms of stopping their body trajectory from full sprint: Doncic and Harden.

I’ll search for the article. “Trigger warning”: it was probably in the NYT. 😂
Old 04-15-2021, 11:55 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
It personally pains me to disagree with the Paceline’s pedantic pundit. But Donic, Curry, and Harden would be in my top three. There was an article awhile back about how two players were light years ahead of others in terms of stopping their body trajectory from full sprint: Doncic and Harden.

I’ll search for the article. “Trigger warning”: it was probably in the NYT. 😂
I would've had Curry, Harden and Kyrie in the top 3. I think there are a few others that could take the number 3 sport for sure. But Steph, he's the easy #1 for it. He's made of rubber or something. The moves he does.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:59 AM

Steph, Dame, Harden, Kyrie, Trae, CJ, Klay, Jimmy B, Beal, Atlanta High School Legend Lou Williams.

I would think of all those guys for crazy buzzer beater one handed floater 3 before Doncic.

Doncic is a great player, but range and circus shots ain't exactly his forte.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
I would've had Curry, Harden and Kyrie in the top 3. I think there are a few others that could take the number 3 sport for sure. But Steph, he's the easy #1 for it. He's made of rubber or something. The moves he does.
After what he's done this year Dame deserves a spot in that podium, in my humble Laker loving opinion.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Steph, Dame, Harden, Kyrie, Trae, CJ, Klay, Jimmy B, Beal, Atlanta High School Legend Lou Williams.

I would think of all those guys for crazy buzzer beater one handed floater 3 before Doncic.

Doncic is a great player, but range and circus shots ain't exactly his forte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escarabajo View Post
After what he's done this year Dame deserves a spot in that podium, in my humble Laker loving opinion.
Agreed.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:24 PM

Funny, no one else has mentioned my number 1 for silly shots: Jokic.

After that, Doncic and Curry. Kyrie and Harden. Dame is an assassin, but his artistry is always getting up an on balance shot even out of crazy circumstances. He's pulling up square from 35 and canning it in that situation.

I will give Flash a pass for his incorrect opinion on this one. He knows the Hawks should have drafted Doncic instead of Trae.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:

After that, Doncic and Curry. Kyrie and Harden. Dame is an assassin, but his artistry is always getting up an on balance shot even out of crazy circumstances. He's pulling up square from 35 and canning it in that situation.

I will give Flash a pass for his incorrect opinion on this one. He knows the Hawks should have drafted Doncic instead of Trae.
Jury's still out on that one and will be for a long time. Trae's shown this year with some shooters and playmakers around him what he can do. Still can't guard a lamp post, but the offensive wizardry is there in surplus.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:53 PM

Teasing, of course. And actually, were I GM of any of the top of the draft teams that year I would have made the same call. The ones who really missed were the Kings. Bagley... who they advertised as the next KD, only with more post moves. 😬
Old 04-15-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Funny, I was thinking of Jokic too. Here’s the article I was referencing earlier: https://www.stack.com/a/lukas-secret...es-him-so-good

"Luka possesses an elite ability to go from 60 to 0, something you might use during a step-back or a crossover

The 6-foot-7, 218-pound Doncic is exceptionally good at controlling his hips and trunk during deceleration, meaning he remains balanced and in control as he slows down.”
Old 04-15-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Great athletic ability - and to get it off in 1.8 seconds - Today Stephen A says it was luck.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:12 PM
Vendor

MVP for tonights Warriors v Celtics game... Referee Scott Wall!

Never fails. Way too many biased refs.
Hoping JTA and Curry are ok after tonights demolition derby with the Celtics. The JTA crash looked bad. At least Steph has a day off till Monday's game.
Sucks they could keep the lead they had and pulled it out in the end.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:00 AM

Did someone say Doncic and trick shot?

https://youtu.be/AaUtB0njWhU