Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
Where do you see that pricing? Thx!
Sign up for their email. EVERY DAY they will send you sales. Never, ever, EVER pay more than $19 for socks from ProCompression
Old 08-11-2020, 06:23 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooneej View Post
Arent these called 'anti embollism' stockings when you dont want to pay that much lol?

My point is - depending on what level of compression you need, you could just go walmart maybe and pick up anti embollism stockings or go online and get them a lot cheaper than that site @ $50. wow.
Yup, many commercial 'compression' socks are just kinda tight knee socks. If the Doc wants you to have true 'compression' socks, go on amazon and find the 'squeeze' you need/is recommended and get proper compression socks. I wore 'max squeeze' for a DVT, as I stood up all day.

https://www.compressionsale.com/comp...IaAtYNEALw_wcB
Old 10-28-2021, 07:20 AM

I have 2 pair of compression socks recommended by my foot and ankle doctor. L and R specific. sized for my skinny lower leg size.

All so called compression socks sold as such....aren't really compression socks.

Last edited by Ralph; 10-28-2021 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
It's been a few years since these were discussed. Fashion police, please skip to the next thread.

I've developed varicose veins on the lower left leg which I'm guessing is due to the muscle loss from the herniated disc nerve damage. Doc sez use compression socks. I just ordered some from Pro Compression on a friend's recommendation - I got the mystery grab bag, so hoping for some wild patterns!

How do you use them? While riding? Afterwards? All the time?
I use those. Work great and last a long time. I rotate several pairs & wear them 5 days a week,
Never EVER buy from PC at full price. They have the same two sales rotating all the time.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:16 AM

I have six pairs of compression socks. I'm an engineering manager so I spend a lot of time on my feet at work. They make a difference by the end of the day. I also wear them when I umpire baseball. I got mine at Fox River Socks, a family-owned US business.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:51 AM
Randomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticaldoug View Post
I don't have your issues, but I take long haul flights often (at least before covid) and swore on wearing compression socks on the flight.
That's why I got mine. I have had lower leg swelling after at least one grand randonnee. That's actually dangerous flying back from Europe, I know of at least one randonneur that had a stroke because of that.

I never thought about using them for driving. I hate putting them on and taking them off though.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:08 AM

Not all compression socks are the same - The higher the ratio, the greater is the support.
Socks with moderate to firm compression is about 18 to 24 mmHg.
Most research studies suggest that the ideal compression for optimized blood flow is 20 mmHg.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:12 PM

I have circulation issues which resulted in a blood clot post surgery to repair my clavicle. Been wearing compression socks since then and have come to love them.

My commute is pretty long at 15 miles, so when I ride home, my legs can be tight. I noticed when I wear compression socks during the day, my legs feel better for the ride home. It has been consistent enough that I don't believe i am imagining the improvement over days I don't wear them.

As others mentioned, I also wear them on long drives and plane trips.

I like the wool content of the Sockwell brand, and apparently, Wirecutter likes them, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...ression-socks/