Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2021, 02:17 AM

Shamal Mille/Zero Nite - Do I Just Use Regular Pads After the Anodization Wears Off?

So I recently got a pair of Fulcrum Zero Nite for a good price and it's in the mail right now. I have no idea how much life the brake track's got on those so I was just wondering what are you guys using after the anodized layer worn through? The blue pads are getting harder and harder to find so can i just switch to regular black pads after the tracks become silver?
Old 10-30-2021, 07:33 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
So I recently got a pair of Fulcrum Zero Nite for a good price and it's in the mail right now. I have no idea how much life the brake track's got on those so I was just wondering what are you guys using after the anodized layer worn through? The blue pads are getting harder and harder to find so can i just switch to regular black pads after the tracks become silver?
Nobody knows or?? I'd say the blue pads are optimized for the brake tracks when the wheels are new, with anodization intact. Non blue pads 'may' wear the anodization off more quickly, particularly in wet conditions. BUT, once that 'layer' is gone, the rims are just aluminum rims.

The question is how much is left on your new wheels.

BTW-did some google-foo and the blue pads seemed pretty easy to find. Not cheap but 'out there'.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:33 AM

I would just get the Swisstop Blue BXP pads, which other wheel brands have recommended for coated rims. BTW they work great on bare rims too.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:39 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
I would just get the Swisstop Blue BXP pads, which other wheel brands have recommended for coated rims. BTW they work great on bare rims too.
Agree...